The first days at the UT you will receive a lot of information. We summed up a few practical things to arrange during your first days at the UT.
- Introduction meeting for new employees
The UT offers an introduction meeting for new employees. Please sign up if have not registered yet.
- Employee card
Please pick up your employee card at the ICT Servicedesk. For details, see the separate item about the employee card.
- Building access
You can access your building with your employee card if your workplace info is filled in in myhr.utwente.nl > my workspace. For department specific access, see www.utwente.nl/access-authorisation.
Use your employee card to get free coffee at the employee coffee machines in all buildings. Alternatively you can use your bank card (contact less payment/NFC) to get premium (payed) coffee.
- Your public profile (people.utwente.nl)
Every employee has a public profile on people.utwente.nl (Dutch version on personen.utwente.nl). Part of your profile is set up automatically, but you need to fill in some addition details:
- Activate your profile picture
- Fill in job title
- Additional phone numbers: secretary's phone or your mobile phone number
- Activate the working days overview
- Optional: other fields like about me (biography/CV), research introduction, social media profiles of research profiles like Google Scholar, etc.
- Optional: grant your secretary rights for your profile (authorisation tab)
Login: use the menu on the left to acces 'my profile'. For documentation see www.utwente.nl/peoplepages.
- Internal personal information (myhr.utwente.nl)
The UT uses AFAS (myhr.utwente.nl) as HR self service system. Please keep your personal details here up to date. As a new employee, please check and complete at least the following sections:
- MyHR > Personal information > Emergency contact details
- MyHR > Job functions > Workplace information
- MyHR > Job functions > Change timetable/working pattern
- Computer and phone
Please contact your manager for details. In general, employees can order computers, laptops, tables, smartphones, headsets and other devices themselves using selfservice.utwente.nl. This portal also provides information about your current devices and the costs you would have to pay if you leave the UT and want to keep your devices.
- Equiment for home office
For most employees it's important to have a ergonomic workspace at home. If you need to order anything to complete your home office, please use selfservice.utwente.nl to order a chair, a foodrest, screen, microphone for lectures, etc. Please contact your manager first for permission.