FIND THE RIGHT PERSON WITHIN LISA.
We help if you have questions about ICT, information and documents in any way. These components are important for research, education and management at the UT. If you need help with your everyday work at the UT and you can't find the solution via the self-service portal or with our manuals, we are happy to help you in person at one of our service desks. If you need customised advice, please contact the LISA support team of your faculty or office. This team consists of ICT, information and archive specialists who can merge their powers in order to support you in the best way possible.
Here is an overview of our service desks. If you need route information to a building, please use the campus map.
Service Desk ICTCoronavirus update
Due to the Coronavirus the Service Desk ICT is closed. You can only reach us by email and phone.
The pickup point for hardware is open every work day between 10.00 - 12.00 hrs and 13.00 - 15.00 hrs. Click here for more information about hardware pickup.
All UT students and employees with questions, problems, requests for information or reports regarding ICT are welcome at the Service Desk ICT on the ground floor of the Citadel building (entrance at O&O square).Servicedesk ICT (campus location)
Phone: Mon-Fri 08.00 – 17.30
Post address: University of Twente, T.a.v. Servicedesk ICT, Postbus 217, 7500 AE Enschede
Second location: ITC building
Address: location ITC (Hengelosetraat 99, 7514AE, Enschede)
Opening hours: mon-fri 08.30-12.45 hrs. and from 13.30-17.00 hrs.
Service Desk Library
The answer to your question may be listed on our FAQ page. We are located in the Vrijhof building (follow signs to library). If you prefer getting help through e-mail or WhatsApp, please feel free to contact us on working days:Service Desk Library (Vrijhof)
WhatsApp: +31 (0)6 39 458 713 (only during opening hours, no calls please) .
Would you like to receive tailored support concerning research or education? Please contact your information specialist listed below.
Notebook Service Centre (NSC)
The Notebook Service Centre (NSC) sells laptops for students (& staff for home use) and offers service for these devices. For more information and contact details: www.utwente.nl/nsc.
Student Net Twente (SNT)
Student Net Twente (SNT) is a student association with a helpdesk for students, located at the O&O square in Citadel. For more information and contact see snt.utwente.nl
Specialists for you/your unit
To make your portal more relevant and personalised, please login
ICT specialist for service departments/Student uNion
Archiving specialists for all departments
Specialists at the BMS faculty
Specialists at the ET Faculty
Specialists at the EEMCS faculty
Specialists at the TNW/S&T faculty
Specialists at the ITC faculty
Subject Specialists Library (for all faculties)
The information on the service portal is mainly focused on employees. There are no contacts specified for you.
The information has not been personalised for you. You can see all specialists after opening the full list.
Suggestions and complaints
Do you have a suggestion about the improvement of our support or do you want to submit a complaint, despite our efforts? We would like to hear from you:
Do you have a complaint? Please let us know. Are you satisfied? Please let everybody know.
AIM OF THE COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
The aim of our complaints procedure is:
- To handle to everybody’s satisfaction the complaints of individual customers as well as groups of customers,
- To learn from the complaints and make any necessary changes to our functioning.
- Do you have a complaint about one of our staff members or the service you have been provided with? We expressly request you to direct your complaint to the account manager the staff member or service falls under. Alternatively, you could direct your complaint to the Service Desk ICT. You may choose yourself whether you do this orally, by e-mail or in writing. You can also file your complaint using a webform. Your complaint will then be sent to the Service desk ICT which will assure that the complaint is sent to the responsible account manager.
- The account manager in question will process your complaint no later than two working days after you submitted it. Together with you, he will try to solve your complaint in a way that’s acceptable to both parties within four weeks.
- The account manager will also consult his/her colleagues about your complaint. The functioning of the department will also be evaluated in the process. A complaint is a great learning opportunity! The account manager will inform you within the mentioned four weeks about the processing of the complaint and the conclusions from the discussion of progress. When a complaint is submitted orally, he will in principle reply orally. In the case of a complaint by e-mail the reply will be by e-mail. When handing in a complaint in writing, the reply will also be in writing.
- Are you not satisfied about the way your complaint was handled? Then please contact the director of the Library, ICT Services & Archive (LISA).
- The Library, ICT Services & Archive (LISA) director will send you a reception confirmation within two working days and will try to solve the problem in a way that’s acceptable to both parties within four weeks. In any case, the director will discuss the complaint with the Library, ICT Services & Archive (LISA) management team. The director will inform you in writing within the mentioned four weeks about the processing of your complaint and the conclusion of the MT.
- If you are still not satisfied about the way your complaint was handled, you can direct your complaint to the Board of Governors in writing.
- You can revoke your complaint at any time in this procedure. The procedure will then be terminated.
Click here for the webform. Please find the account managers per faculty on the LISA contact page.
Library & Archive
Please contact the Library desk for any questions, comments and complaints:
- Email: InfoUB@utwente.nl
- Telephone: +31 (0)53 - 489 2777
LISA’s main objective is to create an information service environment in alignment with the primary process that facilitates the University, its employees, and its students, thus increasing their success and effectiveness. LISA’s activities are divided into 8 departments:
- Jan-Laurens Lasonder, director
- Marjolein Drent, University Librarian, deputy director, manager Embedded Information Services
- Henk Swaters, manager Demand & Supply Management, manager IT Infra and Operations a.i.
- Carmen Olde Scholtenhuis, manager Customer Service
- Erik van den Bosch, manager Projects & Development
- Olga Steen, manager Operational Information & Learning Services
- Jan Evers, head of department Archive
Managing your information is important during your daily activities. From a legal point of view it is a must to save critical documents or better: records. The department Archive of LISA helps you managing your records during the life cycle of a document. It may ensure that your records of historical, fiscal, and legal value are identified and preserved, and that non-essential records are discarded in a timely manner according to Dutch guidelines and identified legislation.
- Advise: consultation about analyzing your document flow and about managing your records during your project
- Archiving: support in scanning, disposition and archiving records in accordance with a service level agreement
- Transfer: store records which are inactive, whether they are in paper, digital or other formats
- Digitization: make your office paperless by understanding the flow of paper and implement solutions to digitize it
> Customer Support
Customer Support (CS) is the first contact for users of ICT facilities at the UT when they have questions about the ICT facilities or want to report failures or problems. Students, employees and guests can turn to CS with their questions, requests or problems concerning everything ICT. Here they will receive support for their questions and requests. The tasks of Customer Support are grouped into two clusters: 1. Servicedesk and 2. On-site support.
The main activities of Customer Support (CS) are:
- Support of ICT users, both remote and on-site;
- Registration of user requests for standard products and services;
- Incident management: registration, analysis and progress monitoring of change requests and failure reports;
- Providing information about products and services;
- Informing the users (varying from the LISA website and manuals to communication in the case of disruptions in our services).
> Demand & Supply Management
Demand & Supply Management (DSM) fulfils the strategic aspects of the ICT facilities. It pursues an optimal harmony between demand and supply concerning everything ICT. In doing so, DSM takes the capacity and competence of both the LISA organization and ICT suppliers as well as the demand of customers into account.
The main activities of the department DSM are:
- Management of innovation and change programs;
- Design, management and maintenance of the information architecture, the application architecture and the technical architecture;
- Taking charge in the development of products and services;
- Focus on consistency in information management and the application landscape;
- Management of suppliers and collaboration partners, right sourcing, managing supplier contracts, search for strategic collaboration with sourcing partners;
- Quality control on processes, products, services and migrations;
- Phrasing the ICT security policy together with UIM, implementing the ITC security policy and monitoring of security;
- Service level management by the account managers.
> Embedded Information Services
The Embedded Information Services department (EIS) is the prominent and embedded department for the users. EIS carries out the account management and operational control for innovation of information services and consists of information specialists and a project manager led by the head of the department. The information specialists support employees and students in all aspects concerning (scientific) information. Based on the background of their own scientific training they offer support in the fields of the social or natural sciences.
> IT Infra and Operations
IT Infra and Operations (ITO) provides, manages and maintains LISA’s (standard) products and services. Key concepts are: efficient, standard, proven technology, monitoring, 24x7 availability for the core systems.
Employees of IT Infra and Operations (ITO) are either specialists or generalists. IT Infra and Operations (ITO) focuses on the monitoring of ICT services and components, including the security of systems.
The tasks are grouped into four teams:
- Network management
- Server management
- Management of business applications
- Management of user applications
> Operational Information & Learning Services
Operational Information & Learning Services (OILS) handles the operational processes for information services and manages the systems the department uses. OILS supports and advises visitors of the learning centre and also offers other supporting services in collaboration with EIS. OILS consists of the groups: learning centre, content management and functional application management.
> Projects & Development
Projects & Development (PD) is the ICT expertise centre for custom-made services and innovation in research, education and management. Projects & Development (PD) develops products and services and offers a platform for the exchange of expertise in the fields of ICT in education and research. Projects & Development (PD) takes care of the maintenance of interfaces and middleware.
> University Information Management
University Information Management (UIM) is in charge of innovation and management of the ICT facilities within the UT. UIM does this in a manner that effectively and efficiently supports the ambitions of the UT with regard to education, research, commercial knowledge transfer and operational management. UIM advises the Executive Board on the Information and ICT policy of the UT and supervises its implementation.
UIM is responsible for the demand-driven process for ICT facilitation of the UT. To this end, it coordinates the consultation between the faculty information management, the holders of the institutional systems and the ICT service. The ICT project portfolio is drawn up annually under the direction of UIM.
Directorate & secretariat
Library & Archive
ICT contact persons and customised service contacts
Every UT department has an ICT contact person (intranet). This is one of the members within your department. Your department's contact person receives updates from LISA about current developments/announcements. Additionally, every department has a contact at LISA for customised services (intranet), called maatwerkcontactpersoon in Dutch.
The LISA intranet only available for LISA members after login: utwente.nl/nl/intranet/lisa.
Do you have any feedback related to the LISA services on this website? Please use the feedback options on the page or reach out to the LISA website team: firstname.lastname@example.org.