Innovations in education, is an ongoing process. Teachers and students of today are on the lookout for challenges and opportunities to connect to the outside world. The video team continuously looks for new innovative ways to accomplish this/to support them. Examples are the use of the DIY-studio, Lightboards, tablets, or 360º-videos. Just to name a few.
The Lightboard is a glass chalkboard pumped full of light. It's for recording and hosting video lecture topics. You face toward your viewers, and your writing glows in front of you.
It’s a great tool that combines both a video lecture with the benefits of a real whiteboard. It’s an excellent tool for recording video clips that include mathematical formulas, exercises, examples and drawings.
- How does it work?
The Lightboard is positioned between you and the camera. You can teach like you are used to and write on it with neon markers to explain the concepts. Because you are facing the camera, the Lightboard offers a very natural way to write on the board and make eye contact with your viewers at the same time. After the recording is finished, the video is mirrored so your students can read what you have written.This answers my question.Thank you for your feedback
- Why would you want to use the Lightboard?
Do any of the following points apply? Then the Lightboard may be a good tool for you.
This answers my question.Thank you for your feedback
- I would like to record a video but I need a black/whiteboard to explain difficult concepts
- I want to be able to teach just like I am used to during my live lectures, but I don’t like the way that looks on video
- I want to be able to walk around and use a more natural expression while recording my video
- How do I most effectively use the Lightboard?
You can do anything with the Lightboard that you also do with a regular blackboard or whiteboard. The difference is that you are being recorded, which means you have to look into the camera every now and then to connect with your viewers.This answers my question.Thank you for your feedback
- DIY studio
The DIY studio is meant for creating micro-lectures or live presentations. The one-button approach makes it easy for a teacher to record a micro lecture or set up a live presentation via MS-Teams or Zoom.
- 360 ° photo and video
We have a GoPro Fusion camera available for making 360° Photographs and video. This camera can be borrowed if you’d like to make your own 360° materials.
Please note that the footage produced by this camera will require some post-processing before it is suitable for use.
We can offer the following support for 360 projects:
- There is a GoPro Fusion camera available to borrow for employees.
- By request, instruction for the use of the camera and post-processing software can be provided.
- By request, advice and training for how to create appealing 360 degree footage can be provided.
If you’d like to know more or talk to us about your project, please get in touch with Merijn Reerink.
- Cooperation with
- Vrijhof Culture
- Videoteam supports: ESDIT conference from Studio 200IET 2022 Intercultural Ethics and Technology Conference
On January 27th and 28th, 2022 there was an Intercultural Ethics and Technology conference chaired by prof. Peter-Paul Verbeek (BMS) and coordinated by project manager Michelle de Boer (BMS).
- Videoteam update: Videoteam supports ERC interviews in Studio 200Last year, the Grants Office contacted the video team and asked them if they could help out with the European Research Council (ERC) interviews. These interviews had to be held digital, due to the corona measurements.
- Update: Video team supports Electric SuperBike 5.0 online technical presentation
- Video Team update: UT Online Open DaysOn the 19th and 20th of November, the UT is organising the Online Open Days where prospective students get to know the UT and it’s study programmes. The Video Team has worked closely with Marketing Communication in a variety of ways.
- Live lecturing in the Spiegel Studio 200Today, Jurnan Schilder (ET) and Rob Hagmeijer (ET) conducted their lecture series “TIME!” live from Studio 200 in the Spiegel.
- Come and meet us at the opening of the academic year 2021-2022The video team is included in the program of the opening of the academic year 2021-2022. A great opportunity to get to know us.
- Nieuw Vimeo upload portal online
- New DIY studio available in the Spiegel building
- Check all video services and meet the video team