integrated civil engineering systems
All three research groups of civil engineering participate in the specialisation on integrated civil engineering systems. these three research groups are:
Examples of research projects that relate to the specialization on integrated civil engineering systems are::
- Multifunctional flood defenses
- Projects on Water Footprint,
- Sustainable Transport
- Sustainable Building
Construction Management and Engineering
- Area Development
- Asset Management
- Design Science
- Partnerships in Construction
- Risk Management
- Sustainable and Adaptable Building
- Technological Innovation
- Visualization and Simulation in Construction.
Transport Engineering and Management
CTS research themes are as follows:
- Strategic planning and sustainable development issues for (urban) transport systems
- Land use/transport interactions
- Mobility monitoring and management
- The application of integrated driver support systems and services.
Water Engineering & Management
The Water Engineering & Management (WEM) research group participates in the specialization on Water Engineering & Management. The group consists of two chairs: Water Management and Marine & Fluvial Systems. The group’s research is based on the premise that water-related problems such as flooding, water scarcity, pollution and ecological deterioration can only be solved through a multidisciplinary approach, which involves both engineering expertise and expertise derived from the natural, social and policy sciences.
The group pursues three distinct research lines:
- Natural processes in water systems
- Integrated multidisciplinary water management
- Scales, uncertainties and appropriate modelling
WEM is one of the research groups involved in IGS, the Institute for Innovation and Governance Studies.