- MSc2 yearsFull-timeEnglish2 specializationsAs an applied mathematician, you occupy a key position in the scientific world. Through mathematical models, you grasp the essence of a problem and see links between seemingly unrelated phenomena.
specializationsThis specialization focuses on fundamental and practical aspects of dynamical phenomena and computational and control aspects.Operations Research (OR) is also referred to as Management Science or Business Analytics in business environments.
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeEnglish3 specializationsApply yourself to one of the oldest fields of science: physics. Gain fundamental insights into your own research field while honing your research skills.
specializationsFluid Physics is one of the oldest and largest sub-disciplines of classical physics. The Applied Physics specialization in Fluid Physics focuses specifically on this field.The Materials Physics specialization of the MSc in Applied Physics focuses on understanding and manipulating the physical properties of materials to discover new features and develop new devices.The specialization in Optics and Biophysics of the MSc in Applied Physics focuses on research into the properties of light and laser technologies and life processes.
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeEnglish3 specializationsBiomedical Engineering is about the design and development of healthcare technology to improve lives: from rehabilitation robots and artificial organs, to imaging techniques and prosthetics.
specializationsThe Bionanotechnology research programme develops technologies that restore the function of diseased and damaged organs and tissues like bone, cartilage, blood vessels and the pancreas.The scientists in the Imaging & Diagnostics programme are dedicated to visualizing and understanding the biological processes in cells and organisms.The Neural & Motor Systems research programme takes a solidly scientific approach to examining the interplay between brain, nerves, muscles and the skeleton.
- MSc1 yearFull-timeEnglish5 specializationsDo you want to devise solutions to complex and global business problems? We will teach you how to apply scientific methods in practice and equip you for a successful career in the business world.
specializationsYou will study how innovative and entrepreneurial organizations create new opportunities that lead to sustainable economic growth and how they can help to adress serious societal problemsWe focus on financial decision making, how firms organize and innovate key financial processes in order to create value in a world with new economic, regulatory and technological developments.We place HRM within international, high tech and innovative business contexts and prepare students to apply advanced talent-management practices to keep employees motivated, involved and productiveYou will learn how organizations gain competitive advantage by adopting smart design for their purchasing departments and supply chains. This track prepares you for the role of purchasing managerWe prepare for the marketing of the 21st Century: how to work effectively with information sources, apply advanced (non)digital tools and engage the latest strategies for the best marketing results.
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeEnglish3 specializationsThe Master’s in Business Information Technology makes you an expert in IT-based business innovation, with the skills to devise new services and radically improve the way businesses work.
specializationsThis specialization is about the use of process and data mining for the analysis and possible reconfiguration of organizations and their IT infrastructure. It addresses the complexities of ‘big data’.This specialization deals with the overall organization of business and IT. It focuses on business processes, strategies and mission, and explores how they can be effectively supported by IT systems.This specialization deals with the overall organization of business and IT. It focuses on business processes, strategies and mission, and explores how they can be effectively supported by IT systems.
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeEnglish2 specializationsChemical Engineering encompasses the fields of chemistry, materials science and process engineering. Chemical engineers are also well versed in areas such as fluid dynamics and thermodynamics.
specializationsThe Chemical & Process Engineering (C&PE) specialization focuses on developing processes that function as effectively as possible within their technological, economic and ecological boundaries.The Molecular & Materials Engineering specialization focuses on the design, preparation, processing, application and analysis of novel molecules and materials with high-tech properties.
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeEnglish4 specializationsIf you are eager to focus on both the technical and non-technical aspects of civil engineering projects and systems, then the Master’s in Civil Engineering and Management is the programme for you.
specializationsThis specialization focuses on the development and delivery of infrastructure and real estate projects.This specialization focuses on multidisciplinary aspects within civil engineering (hydraulic and geotechnical aspects of civil engineering constructions or on sustainability in civil engineering).This specialization will teach you about the engineering, socio-economic, spatial and environmental aspects of traffic and transport systems in relationship to human behaviour.In this specialization you will focus on the behaviour and management of water systems (e.g. rivers and coastal zones). You will learn about the physical and socio-economic aspects of water management
- MSc1 yearFull-timeEnglish3 specializationsAcross the globe, organizations rely on effective communication to be successful. This programme combines academic rigour and practical relevance to make you a fully-fledged communication expert.
specializationsCorporate Communication focuses on how organizations handle their internal and external communications amid the complexities of the modern world.Marketing Communication is all about explaining, predicting and influencing consumer behaviour. Understanding the effects of advertising and marketing stimuli is central to this specialization.Technical Communication prepares students for a range of professions which involve the relationships between people and technical systems, such as technical communication and information design.
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeEnglish3 specializationsComputer Science is omnipresent in modern society. Latest hardware and software developments are crucial in domains such as social media, security, health, energy, ICT systems, finance and telecom.
specializationsComputer security professionals are in very high in demand due to the constant threat posed by viruses, data leaks and unauthorized access to proprietary networks. You will be an expert in this field.This specialization focuses on techniques to analyze large volumes of data (data science), and on information systems that use these techniques to offer smart services to their users.If you are interested in actively developing high-quality software, not restricted to any particular application domain, then this specialization is for you.
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeEnglish2 specializationsComplex, innovative and multidisciplinary projects in a dynamic environment require a new breed of engineers who are able to expertly combine engineering knowledge with management skills.
specializationsDesign Management in Construction focuses on the analysis and management of the design and construction process in the building and construction industry.The specialisation Markets and Organisation in Construction focuses on aspects of market dynamics and organisational structures that are typical for the construction industry
- MSc1 yearFull-timeEnglishThe Master of Science (MSc) programme in Educational Science and Technology is for anyone fascinated by education and training, yet not intending to become a teacher.
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeEnglish12 specializationsThis MSc programme challenges you to develop new methods and technologies for high-tech electronics-based systems in nanotechnology, robotics, electronics, telecommunication or biomedical systems.
specializationsCommunication Networks focuses on the design & implementation of dependable networked systems, such as communication systems and methods/techniques to support this design.Computer Vision & Biometrics focuses on signal processing and pattern recognition to retrieve information from (biometric) signals.Dependable Integrated Systems focuses on computer architectures such as streaming applications in the high-performance domain, architectures for embedded systems and ICT for energy management.Devices for Integrated Circuits deals with silicon circuit technology, with a primary focus on IC processing, device characterization and reliability, device physics and modelling.Integrated Circuit Design focuses on smart IC design techniques to create portable, fast and energy-efficient communication systems.Integrated Optical Systems focuses on microscale/nanoscale integrated on-chip optical devices.Lab-on-a-chip Systems for Biomedical & Environmental Applications focuses on electrical, fluidic, and optical functions integrated in a microsystem in (bio)chemical and medical fields.Nanoelectronics examines the electronic and magnetic properties of systems at the nanoscale. Its subfields include hybrid inorganic-organic electronics, spin electronics and quantum electronics.Neurotechnology & Biomechatronics focuses on neural engineering, interfacing with the neural system and on monitoring and influencing body functions on distance through such interfaces.Robotics & Mechatronics focuses on robotics and deals with modelling and simulation of physical systems, intelligent control, robotic actuators and embedded control systems.Telecommunication Engineering concentrates on optical signal processing and networks, mobile communications, microwave techniques and radiation from ICs and PCBs.Transducers Science & Technology centres on three-dimensional nanofabrication and microfabrication based on top-down lithography methods.
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeEnglishThis Master’s programme focuses on the design of embedded systems: the hardware and software that control a device, process or system, e.g. smart phones, pacemakers, chip sets or navigation systems.
- MSc1 yearFull-timeEnglish3 specializationsThe Master of Environmental and Energy Management programme (MEEM) is a one-year, fulltime programme and offers three specialisations: Water Governance, Environmental Management and Energy Management.
specializationsTopics are related to energy & climate policy, energy management, smart energy innovations, energy transition, energy in industry and implementation of sustainable energy technologies.Topics: Strategies towards sustainable regional development, resource efficiency, greening networks, eco-innovations & building with nature. Or an environmental problem from the students home country.The topics are related to water & energy, water & nature, or some related issue faced by practitioners: irrigation, drought, coastal management, water governance, knowledge management and transfer.
- MSc1 yearFull-timeEnglishManaging Europe is a complex challenge. The Master’s in European Studies gives you the expertise to operate in this fascinating environment where various levels of government come together.
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeEnglish8 specializationsThis programme takes an application-oriented approach to collecting, processing, analyzing and visualizing spatial data. Graduates are at the forefront of one of today’s fastest growing industries.
specializationsLearn to explore for earth and geothermal resources to secure future demands for energy and mineralsLearn to develop technologies required for analyzing, distributing and visualizing geo-spatial data.Learn to use cadastral intelligence for designing and applying responsible land administration solutions.Learn to predict − hence, address − natural hazards and disaster risk using geo-spatial data.Learn to utilize geo-spatial data to help achieve a more sustainable use of natural resources.Design your very own tailor-made specializationLearn to understand dynamic urban processes and create interventions to help make cities competitive, compact, sustainable, inclusive and resilient.Learn to use earth observation and geo-information techniques to create safe and sustainable water management solutions.
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeEnglishThis Master’s programme aims to educate students and professionals to become all-round managers and/or researchers in the field of geo-information.
- MSc1 yearFull-timeEnglish3 specializationsThe programme focusses on the use of technology and innovation for improving healthcare.
specializationsThis specialization course focusses on how unobtrusive user friendly technologies can personalize healthcare, taken into account the context of working and living and needs and demands of stakeholdersIn this specialization students learn to apply methods of early health technology assessment in order to optimize processes in and over healthcare organizations.The aim of this specialization is to identify the most effective ways to organize, manage, finance and deliver high quality care in our society from a public point of view.
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeEnglish3 specializationsDesigning new products and improving existing ones is a continual process. Take the Master’s in IDE and discover the full potential of the interaction between design and engineering.
specializationsIn this specialization you will learn how to bring new and state-of-the-art technologies to the consumer market instead of introducing a technology for a single, specific product.The Human Technology Relations specialization is dedicated to the exploration and design of products that serve the problems and aspirations of people on an individual, social or societal level.In this specialization, you will learn to effectively manage the product creation process and to communicate with a variety of target groups, both internal and external (i.e. clients and suppliers).
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeEnglish3 specializationsThis programme trains you to design, control and optimize processes in complex organizations and businesses in a global context, using mathematical modelling, computer simulations and advanced ICT.
specializationsExpanding markets and the increasing complexity and variety of financial products have generated a growing demand for skilled professionals to create, price and hedge complex derivatives.Healthcare Technology & Management highlights the role of management in healthcare. It centres on two main themes: entrepreneurship in technological innovation and healthcare logisticsUnderstanding the impact of customized logistical designs on overall performance is a key area of management in industry and engineering. This is the focus of Production & Logistic Management.
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeEnglishInteraction Technology combines principles from electrical engineering and IT with the analysis of human behaviour and storytelling.
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeEnglishIn this two-year, English-taught MSc programme you will learn from world-leading experts how to design, maintain, secure and improve communication systems and cyber-physical systems.
- MPM30 monthsPart-timeDutch, EnglishThe management of government and other public organisations is subject to increasingly high demands.
- MSc30 monthsPart-timeDutch, EnglishThe part-time Master’s programme enables managers and professionals to realize their risk management ambitions with a strong organizational and management focus across the public and private sector.
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeEnglish5 specializationsMechanical engineers focus on the design, analyses and maintenance of machinery, structures and products. The Master’s programme in Mechanical Engineering zooms in on one of these disciplines.
specializationsThis specialization focuses on the use of mechanical engineering technology and methodology to address health care problems.This specialization focuses on design, manufacturing or management of production and logistics. Besides a specialist knowledge of technology, it requires a keen eye for business administration.The MEO specialization focuses on improving the maintenance of technical systems, using research into design methods, physical failure mechanisms, structural health and condition monitoring.Creating new and better materials and products as well as the machinery required to make these products is the focus of the MS3 specialization.This specialization focusses on the analysis and design of fluid or flow applications and energy conversion processes, on all scales, to obtain high performance and minimal use of energy and resources
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeEnglishMore and more data are collected since many processes are being monitored. Competent professionals in research methodology and statistics are required who can provide creative solutions given data.
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeEnglishThe two-year MSc programme in Nanotechnology focuses on the design, creation and study of functional materials, structures, devices and systems by directly controlling matter on the nanometre scale.
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeEnglishPhilosophy of Science, Technology and Society is the premier Master's programme for learning how to critically analyse and assess the impact of scientific and technological developments on society.
- MSc1 yearFull-timeEnglish5 specializationsWhat makes people act the way they do? And how can we use psychological expertise to solve real-life problems? You will tackle these questions and more in the Master’s programme in Psychology.
specializationsThis specialization focuses on threats to psychological, physical or community safety and security. You will design application-oriented interventions with an emphasis on new technologies.Health Psychology focuses on promoting healthy behaviour, adaptation to illness, and improving care. We aim to use psychological insights to create innovative technological solutions (eHealth).This specialization emphasizes the interaction between people and technology. You will discover how to design or improve technological applications using your knowledge of cognitive psychology.People learn throughout their lives: individually, with others, at school, university, at work and beyond. This specialization will teach you to describe, explain and stimulate learning processes.In deze unieke specialisatie doe je klinische basiskennis en –vaardigheden op rondom het begrijpen en behandelen van psychische stoornissen binnen de positieve geestelijke gezondheidszorg.
- MSc1 yearFull-timeEnglishIn our complex and ever-changing society, the Master’s in Public Administration equips you to tackle today’s most pressing political and administrative challenges.
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeDutchDo you have a technical Bachelor’s degree and a desire to share your knowledge with young people or adults? If so, the teacher training Master’s in Science Education & Communication is ideal for you!
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeEnglishThe Master’s programme Spatial Engineering prepares you to address major multi-level spatial problems with a combination of technical and socio-economic knowledge.
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeEnglishThe Master’s programme in Sustainable Energy Technology (SET) enables you to become an engineer with in-depth knowledge on renewable energy technologies.
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeEnglish4 specializationsThis two-year Master’s programme teaches you how to control the behaviour of dynamic phenomena and systems in interaction with their environment.
specializationsBiomechatronics is the interdisciplinary study of biology, mechanics, and electronics. It focuses on the research and design of assistive, therapeutic and diagnostic devices.This two-year Master’s programme teaches you how to control the behaviour of dynamic phenomena and systems in interaction with their environment.Research activities in this specialization focus more and more on the field of advanced robotics, including robotics in medical applications.In recent years Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) have amply demonstrated their value and attractiveness. The wide range of applications includes several disciplines.
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeDutchWant to go into teaching following your Political Science, Public Administration or Sociology programme? Take the two-year Civics & Social Sciences teacher training course.
- MSc3 yearsFull-timeDutch2 specializationsWe educate a new kind of technical-medical professional who improves patient safety, diagnosis, and treatment through the innovative use of medical technology in direct patient care.
specializationsMedical Imaging and Interventions deals with minimal invasive technology, reconstruction of damaged tissues, medical robotics, computer-controlled interventions, biomaterials and imaging techniques.Medical Sensing and Stimulation focusses on the acquisition, processing and interpretation of medical signals and the use of signals to stimulate and thereby correct or improve impaired functions.
- MSc2 yearsFull-timeEnglishSolving global water problems requires a multidisciplinary approach of knowledge and skills. That is why the Wetsus Insitute and three Dutch universities offer a joint degree in Water Technology.