We have different types of application system,so please make sure you choose the right one based on your educational background.
6 steps to Apply
Learn more how to apply to the University of Twente. Read through the different steps to take and prepare for application:
Did your already choose your programme? If yes, please continue with step 2. Otherwise select a programme of your choice.
Make sure you comply with the admission requirements. Specific admission requirements apply to applicants holding a:
- University of Twente (bachelor's) degree
- Dutch research university degree
- Degree from a university outside the Netherlands
- Completed Dutch hbo (University of applied sciences) degree
- or Dutch hbo students transferring during their bachelor's programme
To some master’s programmes specific admission requirements apply. These can be found on the admission/enrolment page of the MSc programme of your choice.
For most of our master’s programmes there is an online eligibility check available to help international students find out if they are eligible for a specific master’s programme. It will take about five minutes to complete. Please note that this is not the official admission procedure and that no rights can be derived from the outcome of the eligibility check.
Find your eligibility check in our eligibility check overview.
Different application deadlines apply to different types of applicants.
If you intend to apply for some form of sponsorship you will be required to meet the deadlines imposed by the sponsor. In many cases these may be as early as nine months before the start of the programme. More information about financing your study can be found here.
To start your online application procedure you will need the following documents. Please note that you will submit these documents digitally. If any hardcopy documents are required from you our Admission Office will notify you of this and tell you where to send them to.
- A bachelor’s degree certificate or an equivalent qualification certificate (if available)
- An official transcript of records or preliminary transcript of records in Dutch or English
- A certified official translation of your bachelor’s degree certificate and transcript of records if not in Dutch or English
- Official English test score results (IELTS or Toefl IBt)
- An additional Higher Degree certificate and transcript and official translation if applicable (if applicable)
- An abstract of your final bachelor’s project (thesis)
- A valid international passport
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Letter of motivation
- Contact information of two references (reference letters are not required)
For some programmes you may also need one or all of the following documents:
- Students with a degree from a university outside the Netherlands applying for Business Administration: GMAT certificate of at least 550 points
- Students with a degree from a university outside the Netherlands applying for Industrial Engineering & Management: GRE or GMAT certificate
- For some degree programmes more specific information may also be required (e.g. specific course descriptions, documents proving mathematic and research skills etc.)
We have different types of applications, so please make sure you choose the right one!
I hold / I am currently studying to obtain my (bachelor’s) degree from:
- The University of Twente
- A university outside the Netherlands (international degree)
- A Dutch research university
- A completed Dutch university of applied sciences (completed HBO degree)
- or by means of a specific transferprogramme during HBO
I would like to register for the master’s programme in:
- Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation
- Geographical Information Management and Applications
- Environmental and Energy Management (MEEM)
Notice of admission
When your complete application package has been received by the Admission Office, it will be evaluated by one of the university’s Educational Admission Committees. You will be informed of the outcome as soon as possible. You will receive confirmation of your admission by email.
If you wish to defer your application to the next intake moment please complete the following steps:
- Login to your Studielink account
- Withdraw your current Master application
- Make a new application for the next intake moment
- Upload all required documents in the Osiris application portal
- Submit your new application
A new Admission Letter with the new starting date will be sent to you via email within serveral weeks.