(these conditions of use will take effect on 1 April 2014)
For domestic business trips by public transport, staff members will make use of the NS. Businesscard. It will not be possible to claim expenses for other tickets in case of a domestic business trip.
There are two types of NS. Businesscard: the personal card and the department card.
The personal card is issued in the name of/is administered by the staff member in whose name the card is issued. The NS. Business Card may only be used by this person. The unit (faculty, department) determines to whom a personal card will be made available.
The department card is issued in the name of/is administered by a unit. Staff members who do not receive a personal card, make use of a department card provided by the unit for domestic business trips.
By receiving a personal card or by signing the register of a department card, the staff member agrees to the conditions for using the NS. Business Card.
- As a rule, the NS. Business Card can only be used for UT domestic business trips by public transport. Use of the card for other purposes is only allowed in the situation described under 2.
- A personal NS. Business Card to which a public transport seasonal ticket, purchased by the UT, has been linked, may be used for commuting by the staff member. Use of the card for other, personal purposes is only allowed if and in so far as the seasonal ticket linked to the NS. Business Card allows for this without any further costs being incurred.
- The staff member may only use the NS. Business Card as a ticket for trips by public transport and for storing a bicycle in an NS. bicycle shed at the railway station. If the superior has given permission prior to the business trip, the staff member is allowed to use the NS. Business Card also for a (train)taxi ride from the station to his or her destination and for using the Q-Park P+R car parks. The use of any other services of the NS. Business Card is not allowed.
- The staff member is not allowed to lend out the NS. Business Card to third parties or to have third parties use the NS. Business Card.
- If used correctly, the staff member will not be charged any costs for using the NS. Business Card.
- If the NS charges the UT an adjusted rate because a staff member has not used the NS. Business Card correctly, the unit may recover the costs associated with this incorrect use from the staff member concerned.
- If a staff member makes improper use of the NS. Business Card, the UT will settle all costs associated with this improper use with the payments to be made to the staff member concerned (salary, allowances, reimbursements and such).
- Improper use of the NS. Business Card is considered as neglect of duty in the sense of the Disciplinary Measures Regulation UT.
Theft, loss or damage
- The staff member shall immediately report the theft or loss of the NS Business Card to the contact person of the unit.
- If a staff member does not immediately report the theft or loss of the NS Business Card, the unit may recover the costs associated with the theft or loss from the staff member concerned.
- Replacement of the personal NS Business Card in case of theft, loss or damage, runs via the contact person of the unit.
Handing in the NS. Business Card
- The staff member to whom a personal NS. Business Card has been made available, shall hand in the Card to the contact person of the unit upon termination of the employment, no later than on the last working day.
- The staff member who for a business trip has made use of the department card, shall hand in the NS. Business Card as soon as possible after return to the secretary’s office where the Card was collected.
- The staff member to whom a personal NS. Business Card has been made available but who does not wish to make (continued) use of the Card, can hand in the card with the contact person of the unit.
- In case of improper use of the NS. Business Card, it will be withdrawn.
- If the staff member hands in the personal NS. Business Card of if it is withdrawn, he or she will be given proof of submission/return.