Deadlines for application
Application round 1: 1 February 2017
Application round 2: 1 May 2017
UTS Application rounds
Application round 1: Closed.
Application round 2: Open for application.
Please note: You can only be awarded with one UT scholarship. If you have been awarded with an UT scholarship in the first round, you cannot receive additional funding in the second round.
Requirements for application
In order to be eligible for a the University of Twente Scholarship, you should meet all the requirements below.
- Your programme starts in the academic year 2017/2018;
- You have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT graduate programmes (Please note: After completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results).
- You have not graduated from a UT graduate programme;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study grant;
- You may already apply for a UTS even if you have to do a pre-master programme at the University of Twente first. However, you must complete your pre-master programme with a CGPA of 7.5 (out of 10) to be eligible for a UTS and comply with above mentioned requirements. UTS benefits and support are explicitly for Master’s programmes, not for pre-master programmes. Please note: If you intend to start your Master’s programme in September 2017 and you are required to follow a pre-master programme, the pre-master should start in February 2017 at the latest.
Please note: The UTS is not available for Dutch and/or current UT students. This programme is also not available for Master's programmes at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC).
Two additional scholarships can be awarded to UTS recipients:
- Kipaji Scholarship
- Professor de Winter Scholarship (next scholarship available for the academic year 2018/19)
These scholarships have additional requirements. Please make sure you check the information of these scholarships.