Deadlines for application
Application round 1: 1 February 2018
Application round 2: 1 May 2018
UTS Application rounds
Application round 1: Opens 1 October.
Application round 2: Opens 1 February.
Please note: You can only be awarded with one UT scholarship. If you have been awarded with an UT scholarship in the first round, you cannot receive additional funding in the second round.
Requirements for application
In order to be eligible for a the University of Twente Scholarship, you should meet all the requirements below.
- Your programme starts in the academic year 2018/2019;
- You have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT graduate programmes (Please note: After completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results).
- You have not graduated from a UT graduate programme;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study grant;
- The University Twente Scholarship is a scholarship for excellent students. Typically this means that you belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of your class
Please note: The UTS is not available for Dutch and/or current UT students. This programme is also not available for Master's programmes at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC).
Two additional scholarships can be awarded to UTS recipients:
These scholarships have additional requirements. Please make sure you check the information of these scholarships.