BECOME A 21st CENTURY COMMUNICATION ENGINEER AND A STRATEGIC CONNECTOR.
Do you have a keen eye for important developments, such as sustainability, digitalization or tech trends? Are you the kind of person who likes to understand such developments and explain to others what they mean? Do you want to bring together people or organizations, set them in motion and give them direction? Are you looking for a scientific programme that will also prepare you practically and personally for a role as initiator, connector and explorer? Then this three-year, English-taught bachelor’s programme Communication Science is the right choice.
Communication Science deals with the way people and organizations interact with each other, exchange information, connect and collaborate. As a Twente communication professional, you will be ready to become a strategic link between how things are and how things can become. Giving meaning, initiating, connecting and mobilizing will be among your core competencies.
- You will know everything there is to know about the rise and fall of communication channels and how best to navigate them.
- You will grasp more than anyone how communication can connect and motivate people (communication at micro-level), organizations (meso-level) and society as a whole (macro-level).
- You will be able to tackle issues from different points of view and translate complex matters into clear facts and concrete solutions.
- You will transcend boundaries between different stakeholders, engage at different levels and play a mediating role across different groups and disciplines.
- You understand the practical implications of technologies, policies and strategies.
- By applying communication strategies you will enable people and organizations to better understand themselves, each other and the world at large and to create meaningful improvements.
Are you curious what it is like to study a communication study programme? Daan shows you a day in his student life.
Throughout the bachelor’s programme Communication Science we will train you to become a communication professional of the future. Our programme is the only one that teaches communication in the broader context of technology, design and organizations.
In our view, communication has the potential to be a leading discipline in the increasingly complex and fragmentary world of people, organizations and society. In tomorrow’s hybrid society, everything and everyone will communicate: people, vehicles, devices, systems. Organizational structures may change, with new technologies providing them with an ever more intricate nervous system. Giving clarity, meaning and coherence to these ‘networks of networks’ calls for effective interaction and information. It means that communication – including eye-catching design – happens everywhere. In today’s world, everything communicates: from product packaging and the use of music and smell in shops to the visual appearance of buildings, and from corporate campaigns to the behaviour of corporate leaders.
There are many reasons to sign up for this bachelor’s programme at the University of Twente. Read about 6 of the most notable ones!