Do you want to play a leading role in today’s constantly changing business world?
Do you see yourself helping organizations become more innovative, sustainable and successful, either in your own country or internationally? If so, the English-taught BSc programme International Business Administration (IBA) at the University of Twente may be the right choice for you.
The International Business Administration (IBA) bachelor's programme will equip you:
- To grow into a pioneering professional
- To help businesses boost their social and economic impact
- To work easily with experts representing different disciplines and cultures
- To operate with a helicopter view, keeping your team(s) on course in the shifting sands of today’s business world
Are you curious what it is like to study International Business Administration? Chynna shows you a day in her student life.
Would you like to know more about the bachelor’s programme International Business Administration? Check out the study programme, eligibility criteria , application deadline nd career prospects. Feel free to contact us for more information.
You can study business administration at many universities around the world. Our bachelor’s in International Business Administration also known as IBA is different from others. Here are several distinguishing features:
- Enjoy and learn from others in a culturally very diverse student and staff base that attracts people from all around the world
- Cultivate strong cross-cultural skills
- Participate in multicultural and multidisciplinary project teams
- Conduct research and assignments for national and international businesses
- Spend a semester abroad
- Develop a personal understanding of what it means to be a global citizen
- Explore the deeper meaning behind the buzzwords 'entrepreneurship' and 'innovation', for example through our leading research on these topics at the Netherlands Institute for Knowledge-Intensive Entrepreneurship, NIKOS, one of the first academic centres for entrepreneurship in the Netherlands
- Join forces with Novel-T, a centre co-founded by the UT to support high-growth startups and innovative spinoff companies, or Hardstart, a student initiative that has become a low-threshold incubator specifically catering to student entrepreneurs
- Benefit from our position as the Netherlands’ most entrepreneurial university and our ambition to be front-runners in both social and technological innovation
- Learn how to embrace entrepreneurship as a lifestyle, not ‘just’ a startup launcher
- Get ahead of the market by adopting the PRME Principles for Responsible Management embedded in our programme, aimed at providing future (business) leaders like you with the skills you will need to balance economic and sustainability goals and to act with confident integrity
- Engage in assignments and projects with ambitious companies, tackling real-world problems
- Benefit from our relatively small scale and informal, personal approach, designed to help you grow professionally and personally
- Get the most out of your IBA programme with the Twente Education Model (TOM), a science-based, innovative and highly effective way of learning;
- Benefit from the three core aspects of TOM: Modules and team- and project-based work; student-driven learning; and the three professional roles (see point 4 hereafter);
- Develop specific skills for participating in and leading teams;
- Find out which roles and tasks you’re best at with our diverse learning methods, such as real-world projects and role plays;
- Learn to apply the theory you get in each module during tailored projects and assignments within that same module;
- Take control over your own learning process, thereby learning to manage your own career path in today’s uncertain business world;
- Cultivate your curiosity in an environment designed to help you embrace varied experiences and ambiguity.
- Become competent in any of three key roles: conducting research and designing and organizing business solutions
- As a researcher, learn to systematically and scientifically unravel problems faced by international business players
- As a designer, learn to select and design balanced and effective solutions to these problems and challenges, on your own or as a team member or leader
- As an organizer, develop the managerial and organizational skills needed to release resources and mobilize international, multidisciplinary teams in order to get the job done
- Develop a holistic, inclusive view of business that encompasses products and processes, technology, the environment and, of course, people
- Stay comfortably in touch with the latest and most relevant developments in technology, as you study at ‘the best university of technology’ and ‘the university with the highest societal impact’ in the Netherlands (in the 2017 rankings)
- Develop a helicopter view that will enable you to understand, lead and connect diverse disciplines, while keeping an eye on the bigger corporate and societal picture
- Enjoy the hustle and bustle of our attractive buildings on campus, such as the IBA home Ravelijn and our amazing library
- Benefit from the buildings’ individual study stations, meeting rooms, high-speed Internet and databases
- Get familiar with science and technology developments going on at our world-class tech facilities, which include a state-of-the-art supersonic wind tunnel, the world-famous Nano Lab, the Bionanolab, the Virtual Reality Lab, the Experimental centre for Technical Medicine ECTM) and the Design Lab
- Collect memories that will last a lifetime as you live and learn on our beautiful, park-like campus with its sports and cultural facilities and close vicinity to the shops, pubs and streets of downtown Enschede