Ir. Arturo E. Pérez Rivera
University of Twente
Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences
Department of Industrial Engineering and Business Information Systems
P.O. Box 217
7500 AE Enschede
Office: RA 3301 (Ravelijn)
Tel: +31 (0) 53 489 4715
Arturo E. Pérez Rivera is a PhD candidate within the department of Industrial Engineering and Business Information Systems at the University of Twente. He holds a master’s degree in Industrial Engineering and Management (2012) from the University of Twente and a bachelor’s degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering from the Universidad Tecnológica Centroamericana in San Pedro Sula, Honduras (2009). Arturo’s research is part of the Synchromodal IT project, and deals with the tactical and operational management of synchromodal transport processes. More specifically, his research is about the optimal (re-)routing and (re-)scheduling of freight in synchromodal transport using mathematical models and information systems.
- Synchromodal Transport Planning
- Anticipatory Freight Scheduling
- Real-time Decision Making
- Combinatorial Optimization
- Green Logistics Management
- A.E. Pérez Rivera, M.R.K. Mes (2017). Scheduling synchromodal freight transport using approximate dynamic programming. VeRoLog 2017 Conference Proceedings, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- A.E. Pérez Rivera, M.R.K. Mes (2017). Scheduling Drayage Operations in Synchromodal Transport. Beta Working Paper 531.
- M.R.K. Mes, A.E. Pérez Rivera (2017). Approximate Dynamic Programming by Practical Examples. In: Richard Boucherie and Nico M. van Dijk (Eds.), Markov Decision Processes in Practice. International Series in Operations Research and Management Science (248). Springer. ISBN 9783319477664.
- A.E. Pérez Rivera, M.R.K. Mes (2016). Service and transfer selection for freights in a synchromodal network. In Paias, A., Ruthmair, M., and Voβ, S. (Eds.), Computational Logistics – ICCL 2016, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume 9855, pp. 227-242. Springer.
- A.E. Pérez Rivera, M.R.K. Mes (2016). Anticipatory Freight Selection in Intermodal Long-haul Round-trips. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review. Forthcoming.
- A.E. Pérez Rivera, M.R.K. Mes (2016). Pre- and end-haulage operations in a multi-depot and multi-resource synchromodal network. TRISTAN 2016 Conference Proceedings, Oranjestad, Aruba.
- A.E. Pérez Rivera, M.R.K. Mes (2015). Dynamic Multi-period Freight Consolidation. In Corman, F., Voβ, S., and Negenborn, R.R. (Eds.), Computational Logistics – ICCL 2015, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume 9335, pp. 370-385. Springer.
- A.E. Pérez Rivera, M.R.K. Mes (2015). Dynamic freight selection for reducing long-haul round trip costs. VeRoLog 2015 Conference Proceedings, Vienna, Austria.
- M.R.K. Mes, J.M.J. Schutten, A.E. Pérez Rivera (2014). Inventory routing for dynamic waste collection. Waste Management, 34(9): 1564-1576, 2014.
- A.E. Pérez Rivera, I.M.H. Vliegen, C. van Vliet-Vroegindeweij, R.W. de Boer, W.H. van Harten (2013). Preventing delays in radiotherapy by allocating linac capacity in advance. ORAHS 2013 Conference Proceedings, Istanbul, Turkey.
- A.E. Pérez Rivera (2012). ProaRT: Preventing delays via proactive linac-capacity planning. MSc Thesis, University of Twente
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
- Annual meeting of the EURO Working Group on Vehicle Routing and Logistics Optimization (Amsterdam, The Netherlands) – VeRoLog 2017
- International Conference on Computational Logistics (Lisbon, Portugal) – ICCL 2016
- Triennial Symposium on Transportation Analysis (Oranjestad, Aruba) – TRISTAN 2016
- International Conference on Computational Logistics (Delft, The Netherlands) – ICCL 2015
- Annual meeting of the EURO Working Group on Vehicle Routing and Logistics Optimization (Vienna, Austria) – VeRoLog 2015
- Annual meeting of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (San Francisco, CA, USA) – INFORMS 2014
- Annual meeting of the EURO Working Group on Operational Research Applied to Health Services (Istanbul, Turkey) – ORAHS 2013
- Anticipatory freight consolidation in intermodal networks using approximate dynamic programming. Research Seminar at the Erasmus Research Institute of Management (Rotterdam, 20/05/2016) – (Presentation) (Website)
- Preventing delays via in-advance linac capacity planning. Wetenschappelijke Kringdag – Kring Klinische Fysica Radiotherapie (Amsterdam, 09/11/2012) – (Presentation)
- Finalist, with Team RANDOM, of the VeRoLog Solver Challenge (2014). Oslo, Norway.
- Finalist of the Menzis Scriptieprijs (2013). Enschede, The Netherlands.
- Winner, with Team RANDOM, of the AIMMS MOPTA Modeling Competition (2011). Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Recipient of the University of Twente Scholarship UTS (2010, 2011). Enschede, The Netherlands.
- Chosen delegate of UNITEC - San Pedro Sula, Honduras at the RUBICON contest (2009). Iserlohn, Germany.
- Supply Chain Management (2014-2B, 2015-2B) – Tutor
- Business Operations Management (2014-1B, 2015-1B, 2016-1B) – Tutor