The mission of IEBIS is to conduct high-quality interdisciplinary research and education in area of Industrial Engineering and Business Information Systems. We closely collaborate with industry, knowledge institutes and government agencies. We focus on projects that have substantial impact on innovating practice while significantly contributing to the international scientific knowledge base.
The focus of our research is on the logistics, healthcare and services sector. We have a special interest in decision support systems and inter-organizational systems connecting networks of businesses and governments. We study novel ways of organizing networks such as dynamic global sourcing and multi-agent coordination. We develop and apply quantitative models and algorithmic approaches, simulation and gaming, ICT architecture and business modeling and prototyping to create and evaluate innovative concepts.
The research of IEBIS is divided in five themes:
- Innovating, exploring and analysing the field of Human Resource Management (HRM), with a focus on (the effectiveness of) technological solutions (such as e-HRM, robots, and gig workers). Read more on the website of our HRM Research Group.
- Studying change processes at organisational, team and individual level, as well as (non-)verbal behaviour in an organizational setting, using biometric and other high-tech assessments. Read more on the website of our CMOB Research Group.
- Design, planning, and control of logistics and supply chain processes in (networks of) manufacturing, retail and service industries.
- Design and engineering of IT-based services for coordination and integration of business processes in supply chains and business networks.
- Design and optimization of operational processes in the healthcare sector.