All books, e-books, articles and other items in the collection of the University of Twente can be found in FindUT. For advice on using this first search tool, please consult FindUT Tips & Tricks. Books and chapters from e-books that are not part of the UT collection can be requested via the Interlibrary Loan form. To make sure you have access to the collection of the University of Twente at all times, visit Off-campus access.
- Access e-books
E-books in the collection of the University of Twente can be accessed through FindUT. Options for reading and downloading differ per e-book due to publishers’ restrictions. Follow the steps below to find and access e-books:
- Go to FindUT or use the FindUT search bar at the University Library homepage
- Search for the e-book with the information you have: author, ISBN, title, etc.
- In the list of search results items that are part of the collection display a ‘View eBook’ button. When viewing an e-book, access is offered in one of two ways:
- Direct access to the required e-book at the publisher's platform, with no limitations on the number of users. This type of access is preferred by the University Library, and applies to most e-books in the collection.
- Access via one of the e-book platforms (i.e., EBSCO, ProQuest, VLeBooks). These e-books are available, but access is restricted by Digital Rights Management (DRM). This means that the number of simultaneous users and print and download possibilities are restricted, potentially leading to a queue of users.
In FindUT more information about licenses regarding platform Ebooks is given in the Notes and License terms below the button “View Ebook”
- Borrow print books
The University of Twente offers various physical collections of literature for study and research purposes, as well as some special collections. Collections can be found in the Vrijhof, as well as in Langezijds and the so-called Educafés. Compulsory literature for study programmes can be found at the Vrijhof and at the Educafés. You can request and pick up a print book by following these steps:
- Go to FindUT or use the FindUT search bar at the University Library homepage.
- Search for the print book with the information you have: author, ISBN, title, etc.
- In the list of search results information on availability is shown for each print book. Books can be available for loan, be already on loan but available for reservation, or are available for reference only at the Vrijhof location or Educafés.
- Click on the print book you are interested in.
- Click the ''Request item'' button if you want to borrow a book. If the book is on loan, then your request will be a reservation. When the book is available, you will receive an email when it is ready for pick up.
Students can pick up the books from the closed depot and Vrijhof open stacks in the Vrijhof, and books from the open stacks in Langezijds can be pickup at Langezijds. Staff can also choose Service Desks in the faculty buildings as a pick up location. Books are on loan for one month and will be extended automatically 5 times for 30 days if there’s no reservation made by another user.