The video team consists of skilled professionals with a proven track record in media creation. From studio recordings to multi-camera events, from video editing to animation, and from Teams/Zoom support to streaming of live events from our studio. The video team likes to be challenged and is always looking for innovations, but also keen on using proven technology.
- Innovation in educationInnovations in education, is an ongoing process. Teachers and students of today are on the lookout for challenges and opportunities to connect to the outside world. The video team continuously looks for new innovative ways to accomplish this/to support them. Examples are the use of the DIY-studio, Lightboards, tablets, or 360º-videos. Just to name a few. Lightboard recording The Lightboard is a glass chalkboard pumped full of light. It's for recording and hosting video lecture topics. You face toward your viewers, and your writing glows in front of you. It’s a great tool that combines both a video lecture with the benefits of a real whiteboard. It’s an excellent tool for recording video clips that include mathematical formulas, exercises, examples and drawings. Click here for more information. How does it work? The Lightboard is positioned between you and the camera. You can teach like you are used to and write on it with neon markers to explain the concepts. Because you are facing the camera, the Lightboard
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)MOOC is short for Massive Online Open Course. These courses are usually free of charge and offered for Future Learn Platform Through the worldwide platform FutureLearn.org, the UT offers a variety of MOOCs. Most MOOCs are repeated regularly. For details: utwente.nl/mooc futurelearn.com/partners/twente Contact Contact person within UT (only visible after login):
- Motion graphics and animationmotion graphics and animation The UT currently doesn’t have any tendered partners for animation. We do however have a variety of external partners in our network that we’ve worked with within the past. This is a very broad category of media ranging from simple 2D animated infographics in a variety of styles to complex 3D animation. Example of a simple informative 2d animation: Bachelor’s in Advanced Technology at the University of Twente This animation explains what you can expect from the Bachelor's in Advanced Technology. Do you want to know more about the programme? Visit: Advanced Technology | https://www.utwente.nl/en/education/bachelor/programmes/advanced-technology/ MORE EXAMPLES Example of a slightly more complex 2d product presentation animation: Whisstone, reducing traffic noise with concrete The Whisstone is a concrete sound diffractor for reducing noise pollution created by traffic. By absorbing and reflecting sound waves, the Whisstone causes traffic noise to deflect in an upwards direction. Creating
- Podcast recording facilitiesThe video team offers hardware for podcast recordings for UT members as well as a studio facility for recordings. Want to record a podcast? click here The power of the podcast Many people do not like to read, but they do like to listen. This makes a podcast very suitable as a means of communication. A podcast can be used for many purposes: inspiration, information, opinion, education, or entertainment. In our Studio 200 in the Spiegel building, we can accommodate up to 4 guests simultaneously. With our professional RØDE Podcaster Pro audio mixer you can personalize your podcast with intros and tunes. As it is a mobile solution, you can also record outside the studio at your preferred location. Vodcast Podcasts are usually audio recordings. But we have the option to record with cameras as well. With our automatic camera switching or a fixed Picture-in-Picture setup we can record your podcast, so it becomes a vodcast: a video podcast. Inventory RØDE podcaster pro (Companion App (Win/Mac)) https://rode.com/en/interfaces-and-mixers
- Uploading video contentThe University has a Vimeo Enterprise account for storing and sharing videos. To make it possible for all users to access their own video materials, the LISA department developed a portal for this purpose. You can upload and share video’s up to 2Gb. If you want to share lager video’s, you can send them via “surf filesender” to firstname.lastname@example.org. DASHBOARD Go to https://video-portal.utwente.nl and login via your AD credentials. After login you get an overview similar like this: Via the “New video” button you can upload videos to the Vimeo portal. You can choose a local file and fill in the Title, Thumbnail, Description and privacy settings. These are according to the Vimeo privacy settings. More info can be found on the Vimeo help page here. The most common settings Anybody – Allow anyone to see the video. Unlisted – The video is not public, but can be used via an url or embed code. Password – The video can only be accessed via a password. ACCESSING, REPLACING OR DELETING A VIDEO Via the “>” button you can see
- Video creation by external suppliersWould you like to have a video made of a congress or an awards ceremony? Or perhaps you would like to make the presentation of your institute a little more dynamic? There are very many options, but in order to be able to evaluate quotations properly, you do need to have some knowledge of matters such as prices, rights and scripts. We are happy to help in making things easier. Below is a list of parties with which the University of Twente often works. They offer good value for money. Quitclaim videography links to Quitclaim_Videography.pdf Download this quit claim form that the people who will be filmed need to fill in. Quitclaim photography links to Quitclaim_photography.pdf Download this quit claim form that the people who will be portrayed need to fill in. SimulPlus Simulplus are Frans Strikker and Yke Hoek. Together, they regularly carry out video assignments for events such as the Opening of the Academic Year, the Dies and various awards ceremonies at the University of Twente. Frans Strikker - email@example.com
- Videoteam portfolioCheck out our portfolio Our work shows our ability PhD project Robert-Jan den Haan - Virtual river game Virtual River Game to support the collaborative exploration of river interventions Project: Virtual River Game to support the collaborative exploration of river interventions. Where to Find Support Where to find support Knowledge safety HR Project: Knowledge Safety Collaborating parties: HR / Knowledge safety and export control Membranes explained video Membranes explanation video Pre-U Project: Pre-U videos Collaborating parties: Pre-U-TNW PARAMAGNETIC FLUID MACHINE World’s first superconducting system for magnetic density separation TNW-EMS University of Twente. DIGITAL COMPETENCE CENTRE NETWORK Digital Competence Centre Network Digital Competence Centre network (DCC) https://utwente.nl/dcc LISA Project: Digital Competence Centre (DCC) DESIGNLAB TOUR Designlab Tour Designlab University of Twente. DESIGNLAB STOP-MOTIOn Designlab Stop Motion Designlab University of Twente. DIRECT AIR CAPTURE - PILOT FACILITY
- Zoom and Microsoft TeamsZoom Zoom is a video communications platform. It can be used for non-confidential one-on-one or group meetings. Also see: Zoom general information/FAQ Microsoft Teams You can use Teams to invite your colleagues to chat, meet, call and work together. This can all be done in one place, wherever you are. Also see: Microsoft Teams general information and FAQ.