Three Master's programmes at the University of Twente score outstanding scores on several aspects in the latest edition of the Keuzegids Masters. The guide, which helps prospective students in making a well-informed study choice, came out today. The programmes that scored outstanding on several aspects are Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics and Industrial Engineering & Management.
The Keuzegids stopped short of awarding the Top Programme designation for master's programmes, but provides insight into students' assessment of their studies. The results are based on responses in the National Student Survey conducted in early 2022, and are clustered into five themes:
- Curriculum; the study material and level of the programme.
- Teachers; the content and didactic quality of the teachers but also about the quality of supervision and the level of commitment.
- Examination; the way students are tested and assessed.
- Practical orientation; the way in which the programme prepares students for professional practice.
- Atmosphere; various atmosphere-related matters, such as feeling safe and being able to give feedback.
On the theme of atmosphere, in particular, the UT study programmes score very high. Compared to last year, ratings on content and career preparation improved the most.
The National Student Survey, on which the Keuzegids Masters is based, forms important input for the discussion between lecturers and students about safeguarding quality and further developing the educational programmes.