The education of the University of Twente is provided by the five faculties:
- Behavioural, Management and Social sciences (BMS)
- Engineering Technology (CTW)
- Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS / EWI)
- Science and Technology (TNW)
- Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC)
Next to the programmes administered by the faculties mentioned above, University College Twente offers the broad honours BSc programme ATLAS and Twente Graduate School offers post graduate education (PhD and PDEng).
The faculty research is partly conducted in large research institutes. Each faculty takes part in one or multiple institutes. ITC is a sui generis faculty as well as a research institute and works together with IGS and CTIT. The matrix below shows how the faculties and institutes are intertwined.