The education of the University of Twente is provided by the five faculties:
- Behavioural, Management and Social sciences (BMS)
- Engineering Technology (CTW)
- Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS / EWI)
- Science and Technology (TNW)
- Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC)
The faculty research is partly conducted in large research institutes. Each faculty takes part in one or multiple institutes. ITC is a sui generis faculty as well as a research institute and works together with IGS and CTIT. The matrix below shows how the faculties and institutes are intertwined.