Sustainability at the University of Twente
- Climate change is heading for a global humanitarian crisis, scientists conclude in the latest IPCC report
- How can we collect more solar energy on a cloudy day? Rebecca Saive in Universiteit van Nederland.
- Nature is declining fast. Time for a reappraisal? UT researcher Esther Turnhout wrote about it.
Technology in healthcare at the University of Twente
- Professor Marcel Karperien and his colleagues are testing a hydrogel for cartilage repair on humans for the first time.
- Together with patient organisations and companies, UT scientists are working to improve home tests.
UT scientist Jos Paulusse uses special nanoparticles to cure mosquitoes in the battle against malaria.
Digitalisation at the University of Twente
- Together with Meta AI, UT researchers develop 'digital humans' that learn complex movements.
- Marianne Junger investigated online fraud. No less than one in six people have to deal with it.
- The computer of the future is inspired by the human brain. The HYBRAIN project is working on this ultra-fast and highly efficient computer.
More news from our scientific themes
Overview of all news items
Remote monitoring and intervention during detoxification from addictive substances
University of Twente is adding more solar panels to campus
University of Twente is continually working to make the organisation more sustainable. It is our mission to respond to societal needs by developing sustainable, proactive measures to support our planet and the people who live on it. We are dedicated to environmental, social and economic sustainability in our education, research, innovation and the way we run our own organisation. Many ongoing initiatives in this area can be found here.
New material to create green hydrogen
Researchers from the University of Twente developed a new composite material that outperforms the individual compounds by one to two orders of magnitude. The composite consists of several earth-abundant elements, that could potentially be used for efficient hydrogen generation without rare and precious metals like platinum. The researchers published their findings in the scientific journal ACS Nano.
Construction Langezijds completed: ITC Faculty on campus in April 2023
On 16 March 2023, the key to the transformed Langezijds building was officially handed over to the University of Twente (UT). Construction combination Dura Vermeer Bouw Hengelo/Trebbe and Croonwolter&dros delivered the building to UT by handing over a large wooden key. With this handover, the ITC faculty can start using this unique building from mid-April.
UT Researchers Develop Ultraefficient white light laser on a chip
A team of researchers from the University of Twente has made a breakthrough in ultraefficient on-chip supercontinuum generation. The findings, published in the journal Advanced Photonics Research, represent a major step forward in the field of integrated photonics and enable applications in portable medical imaging devices, chemical sensing and LiDAR.
Women in Science
The world of chips
Open lecture: The Good and the Bad?
Master Open Day (on-campus)
Bachelor Open Day (on-campus)
Joint research day - Tampere University & University of Twente
Beneficial effects of gaming
Under pressure : the work load of PhD's
CMI-NEN Matchmaking Symposium
UT in the media
University of Twente in the international media
- Working mothers 'feel more guilt than fathers' because of 'internalised gender stereotypes, study findsThe Daily Mail - 12 November 2022
- This summer's droughts in the Northern Hemisphere were made at least 20 TIMES more likely by climate change, study findsDaily Mail - 5 October 2022
- Shutting down the internet is another brutal blow against women by the Iranian regimeThe Guardian - 26 September 2022
- Scientists Asked Students to Try to Fool Anti-Cheating Software. They Did.VICE - 8 September 2022
- Iranian authorities plan to use facial recognition to enforce new hijab lawThe Guardian - 5 September 2022
- Fire of Love – the radical passion of Katia and Maurice KrafftABC Australia - 2 September 2022
- New Approaches Needed To Support Digitization Of HealthcareForbes - 14 July 2022
- The state of higher education internationalisation after COVIDUniversity World News - 21 May 2022
- Its Hard To Believe That A Bunch Of Dutch Students Put Together A 200 HP All-Electric Race BikeTopSpeed - 3 May 2022
- Netherlands Invests in Photonic Tech Firms to Create New National Chip ChampionNews18 - 15 April 2022