[This page is also available through the short URL www.utwente.nl/lisa/newstudents.]
NOTEBOOK SERVICE CENTRE (NSC)
You can also purchase a notebook by yourself, but because of the quality selections and sharp price, we recommend NSC notebooks.Every year around the summer holiday (July) it is possible to order the new notebooks from NSC. You will receive the notebook before the college year starts in September.
CHANGE OR FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD?
At the sstart of the first academic year, students are asked to activate the student account. A password is created during this proces. We recommend changing this password every year. This can be done via self-service portal.
BELOW YOU’LL FIND THE LISA CHECKLIST FOR NEW STUDENTS.
After you finished this checklist, you did everything what is necessary for your ICT facilities on the University of Twente.
Step 1 and 2 are essential. Step 3 is recommended. Step 4 is for extra help.
Step 1: Your account (student account)
Step 2: Connect to the internet
Step 3: Setup your Computer
- Set up E-mail and calendar (Google Apps).
- You will be notified which software you will need for your study. Download software via the notebook service centre (NSC) among others:
- Anti-Virus (for Windows 7 and older)
- Google Drive: To share files with other students or Google users. NOTE: If you leave the University of Twente the files you share will be removed after 1 month. The person with whom you share files with will not be able to access these files anymore. The files cannot be recovered!
- Register at Follow-Me printer.
- Set up My University (my.utwente.nl) for Canvas and Osiris.
- Register at DAS (of SNT). For wired network at UTnet.
Step 4: More info
- Manuals & Services LISA.
- Notebook Service Centre (NSC) for software downloads and to purchase a notebook.
- Student Net Twente (SNT) for ICT support for students.
Finished the checklist? You and your notebook are ready! We hope you will enjoy your study at the University of Twente. Good luck! If there are any ICT related questions or problems, you can always visit the Servicedesk ICT in the Citadel (O&O plaza) or send us an e-mail.
Like us on Facebook and stay in touch