What is the intention of certification?

Certification is meant to counter fraud.

Which documents do you have to certificate?

We need a certificate document of your diploma / certificate and list of marks. Photocopies or scans of these documents are not legal proof and therefore they can not be accepted.

What’s a certified copy?

A certified copy is a photocopy with an official stamp and signature to verify that it is a true copy of the original document.

Which authority can certificate my documents?

This official stamp and signature can be from a notary or educational institute.

Where at the University of Twente can I certificate my documents?

For this official stamp and signature you can go to Student Services. Please take photocopies of your diploma and list of marks as well as the original documents and your ID-card with you to the Student Services.

PLEASE NOTE: Student Services will not make any photocopies. Please hand in your own photocopies of your diploma and list of marks so Student Services can certificate them. You can make photocopies at the Union Shop (Bastille) or at the Xerox Service Point (Carré).

Where can I hand in my certificate documents?

You can hand in your certificate documents at the desk of Student Services (Vrijhof 239B) or sent them to:

University of Twente

Student Services – Vrijhof, postbox 19

P.O. Box 217

7500 AE Enschede

The Netherlands

My question is not listed here, who can I ask?

In that case send an email to studentservices@utwente.nl