All master's have an English language requirement. In addition, the Dutch-language master's also have a Dutch language requirement.
In all master's of the University of Twente, English is the language of instruction and the exam.
Success in your studies requires a high level of English proficiency. Therefore, prospective master's students with an international (other than Dutch) degree must meet the English language requirement. As proof that you meet this requirement, you will be asked in the application procedure to upload one of the requested language certificates:
- IELTS (academic) with an overall score of 6.5 and certificates, not older than two years.
- TOEFL iBT (internet-based) with an overall score of 90 and certificates, not older than two years. Please note that the University of Twente does not accept the MyBest scores of the TOEFL test.
- Cambridge C1 Advanced, formerly known as; Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) obtained with an A, B or C grade.
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency, formerly known as; Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE) obtained with an A, B or C grade.
Only these internationally recognised test results are accepted. Without a valid certificate, your application cannot be processed.
- Make sure you take the language test before the application deadline. If your application is accompanied by a language test score report with a test date after our application deadline, we will not process it.
- The language requirement when applying for a scholarship may be different because scholarship providers may have a different requirement.
- If you have studied in a former British or American colony, you must take one of the internationally recognised English language tests.
The University of Twente has several Dutch-taught (pre-)master’s. These programmes have a Dutch language requirement.