HomeEducationBachelorEnrolment & admission

How to apply?

Start your application for a bachelor's

You have decided to apply for a bachelor's at the University of Twente in the Netherlands? That's great!

You can be admitted to a bachelor's programme on the condition that you have passed your final exams. Keep in mind you can also apply for a bachelor's programme if you have not passed your final exams yet. To arrange your (re-)enrolment at an institution of higher education in the Netherlands, you will be forwarded to the online platform Studielink.

How to apply for a bachelor's?

Below are the steps to take if you have an international degree or a Dutch HBO-Propedeutic degree. You have to go through each step for every bachelor’s you want to apply for. If you wish to apply for two programmes, you must complete the steps twice. More information for Dutch students holding a Dutch VWO-diploma is available on our Dutch website.

  • Check the admission requirements of the bachelor's of your choice

    Which bachelor’s programme would you like to study? Make sure you meet the admission requirements of that specific bachelor's. You can find them on the website of the bachelor’s of your choice.

  • Start your application

    Apply via the online platform Studielink by choosing a programme and a starting date. After your application via Studielink, you will receive an e-mail with login credentials for the OSIRIS application where you can upload your documents. If you want to make a second application, then use the Studielink account you already have.

    Keep in mind the application deadlines. 

  • Upload your documents using the Osiris application

    To start your online application procedure, you will need to upload several documents. We have prepared example documents to check the type of document you have to supply digitally. If any hardcopy documents are required, the University of Twente will notify you and tell you where to send them.

    Continue your application via the Osiris application, using the login credentials provided to you via email. After you have logged in, you click on "details" behind your application to continue the procedure. If you wish to submit a new or additional application, you have to apply again via your Studielink account as it is not possible to apply via Osiris.

  • Assessing your application

    After you have submitted your documents, our admission committee will assess your application. We aim to inform you about your admissibility within two weeks after your application. This can take longer if your application is incomplete or additional information is needed to make an informed decision about your chances of success here. Should this be the case, we will contact you as soon as possible.

    If you wish to monitor the status of your application, then log in to Osiris and click on ‘progress’ behind your application.

  • Decision on admission

    The outcome of the assessment will be one of the following possibilities:

    1. ACCEPTED - You will be sent an e-mail with an admission notice together with instructions for the confirmation of your application.
    2. CONDITIONAL - This means that you do not yet comply with all the requirements for the study programme of your choice. The correspondence sent to you will explain what further actions you need to take for final admission. You may be required to pass a further examination.
    3. REJECTED - In some cases you may not meet the admission requirements for the study programme of your choice and your application will be rejected. This will be explained in the letter that is sent to you by mail. In some cases, you may become eligible after successfully completing the International Foundation Year through Navitas. If that’s the case, you will receive information about the procedure.
  • Accept the Offer of Admission

    If have you been admitted, you will be asked to accept our Offer of Admission. Learn how to accept the offer in Osiris.

  • Matching and preparations

    After accepting the Offer of Admission, the University will process your application.

    You may be invited for a study choice check: a tool to find out whether the study for which you are enrolled is a programme that suits you. This matching procedure takes place, for instance, via an online questionnaire or an interview with a study advisor. Each bachelor's programme organises this in a different way.

    Now the University is processing your application, you can arrange the payment of the tuition fees via Osiris and take the next steps such as planning your stay in the Netherlands, arranging your visa if necessary and finding accommodation in Enschede. Need support? Contact our Student Services Contact Centre.

  • Join the Kick-In

    Get a head start on your student life during the Kick-In: the introduction period for all new students at the University of Twente. It is the perfect opportunity to get to know one another, the University, the campus and the city of Enschede.

Video 'How to apply?'

Need support? Feel free to contact us!
Call, mail or chat
Or check the Frequently Asked Questions related to admission or Studielink.

Apply for a numerus fixus programme

For some bachelor's programmes, the University of Twente has set a limited number of available places. This is called numerus fixus. The bachelor's listed below are subject to a numerus fixus. Read more on the websites of these programmes to find out how the selection of students is organised.

Why numerus fixus?

For certain programmes in higher education, more applications are received than there are places available. This is due to the limited number of study places, or because there is a threat of a surplus in a certain sector of the labour market. Students are admitted to these programmes via a special selection procedure.

Deferral of your application

If you wish to defer your application to the next intake moment or your application was cancelled because you missed a deadline, you can always apply for the next intake moment. Please take the following steps:

  1. Login to your Studielink account.
  2. Withdraw your current bachelor’s application.
  3. Make a new application for the next intake moment via Studielink before the application deadline. You can apply from October onwards for the upcoming September intake.  
  4. Upload all required documents in the OSIRIS application portal.
  5. Submit your new application via OSIRIS before the application deadline. 

Admission for recognised refugees

Recognised refugees with a higher level of education are welcome to study at the University of Twente! Read more about the opportunities for refugees.

Chat offline (info)
To use this functionality you first need to:
Accept cookies