This page deals with information for prospective students Dutch students with a Dutch diploma, and international students holding a foreign secondary school diploma equivalent to the Dutch vwo-diploma. You may be admitted to a UT bachelor's programme on the condition that the final exams in the relevant subjects have been passed. Please know that you can apply even though you have not yet completed your degree. Check the admission requirements for a specific programme on the site of the programme itself.
Admission Office closely reviews all applications individually due to their distinctive nature. Therefore, the only way to determine admissibility is by submitting an official application for enrolment via Studielink and providing all required documentation. After you have done so you will be informed about your admissibility by one of our Admission Officers. These admission requirements are valid from 1 October 2016 untill 31 August 2017.
To be admitted to a bachelor's at the University of Twente you will need a diploma equivalent to the Dutch vwo-diploma. Take a look at the list of equivalent diplomas to see if your diploma is considered equivalent. Please know that you can apply without even though you have not yet completed your degree.
Please check also the Colloquium Doctum (entrance exam) site for general information about the admission requirements, to whom the colloquium doctum applies and information about the specific parts of the colloquium doctum.
Bachelor's programmes have specific language requirements. Take a look at the requirements to see which requirements apply to your programme of choice.
Students must use Studielink to arrange their application for enrolment or re-enrolment at an institution of higher education in the Netherlands and to register with the DUO. For your application collect the following documents in DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX or PDF format. Zip files are not accepted!
- Valid international Passport, ID-card or Birth Certificate (in English) Make sure that the city of birth is clearly mentioned on the document!
- School Leaving Certificate and transcript of records (or if you are not graduated yet, copies of a temporary grade list)
- Official translation of the School Leaving Certificate and transcript of records in Dutch, English or German (if applicable)
- IELTS, TOEFL or Cambridge certificate (if applicable)
- NT2-II or CNaVT certificate (if applicable)
- Motivation letter (Only for ATLAS and Creative Technology)
- CV (Only for ATLAS and Creative Technology)
- Portfolio (Only for Creative Technology)
The first year of studies is primarily a year in which to see if the programme suits you and if you are up to the challenge. Read more about what the binding recommendation entails.