The Mahmoud S. Rabbani Scholarship is named in honour of the founder of the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation. The goal of this scholarship, besides fostering interaction between Arab and European students is to provide the means for students seeking to broaden their own horizons.
The Mahmoud S. Rabbani Scholarship is intended for Arab students who have been officially accepted into a Master's or Ph.D programme in the Netherlands or for Dutch students who have been accepted into a Master's or Ph.D programme in the Arab World.
The award is designed to enhance the postgraduate educational experience and promote intercultural cooperation by offering students from Europe and the Arab world the means to study or research in each other's respective countries.
In keeping with the foundation's mission, all areas of study are eligible for the grant, and primary requirements are that applicants must have a firm grasp of English, or the language their programme will be in. The scholarship is designed for dynamic students with an interest in fostering the formation of ties between these two regions.
Moreover, the MRS scholarship is strengthening by a mentoring programme that offers the scholarship recipient guidance on a personal and professional level and also provides access to the Fountation's extensive and diverse network and platforms.
- once the scholarship is granted and accepted, the signed terms and conditions form acts as a legal contract between the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation and the MSR scholars.
- a mid-year academic report is required.
- within two months time of completion of the study, the student must submit a report of his/her experience to the Board of the Foundation. The Board of the Foundation reserves the right to edit the report for communication purposes.
- within a year of completion of study, the student will complete a questionnaire provided by the Foundation to evaluate the impact of the scholarship.
- Academic excellence.
- Personal growth: Assessing the contribution the proposed field of study would have on the applicant's continued academic and professional development and/or its potential for impact in the local context.
- Strong motivation in line with the ideals of the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation's goal of promoting Euro-Arab dialogue and understanding.
- Financial need.
The Foundation's scholarship is only valid for the proposed programme of study at the academic institution specified in the application and only for the academic year for the application is made.
The scholars will be selected by the Board of the Foundation by April 30th.
The Foundation will pay a scholarship that covers half of the expenses in the proposed and approved budget to a maximum of € 15,000.00 for the academic year.
Further details on the terms and conditions of the MRS to be found
As an applied mathematician, you occupy a key position in the scientific world. Through mathematical models, you grasp the essence of a problem and see links between seemingly unrelated phenomena.
Apply yourself to one of the oldest fields of science: physics. Gain fundamental insights into your own research field while sharpening your research skills.
Contribute to better healthcare by designing and developing medical innovations for improved diagnostics, treatment, rehabilitation, prevention and a better quality of life.
In today’s evolving world it makes no sense to do business as usual. This Master’s turns you into an innovative, entrepreneurial business leader who prepares businesses for the challenges of tomorrow.
Become an expert in IT-based business innovation, able to devise new services and radically improve the way businesses work with the use of IT.
This Master’s will help you to develop novel chemical processes, materials and molecules and contribute to innovations that benefit our society in areas such as health, water, food and sustainability.
If you are eager to focus on both the technical and non-technical aspects of civil engineering projects and systems, then the Master’s in Civil Engineering & Management is the programme for you.
Become an expert in how people and organisations interact with and through the latest innovations, in the context of major societal challenges, such as polarisation, sustainability and security.
Computer Science is omnipresent in modern society. Latest hardware and software developments are crucial in domains such as social media, security, health, energy, ICT systems, finance and telecom.
This Master’s helps you to become an expert in managing large-scale, complex construction projects in an increasingly digitised industry, using an innovative, holistic approach.
Are you fascinated by learning, but not necessarily dreaming of becoming a teacher? Engage in educational breakthroughs in schools and/or organisations as a researcher, designer or consultant.
This Master's challenges you to develop new methods and technologies for high-tech electronics-based systems in nanotechnology, robotics, electronics, telecommunication or biomedical systems.
This Master’s focuses on the design of embedded systems: the hardware and software that control a device, process or system, e.g. smartphones, pacemakers, chip sets or navigation systems.
The one-year, English-taught Environmental & Energy Management Master’s will equip you to lead, manage and govern socio-technological change processes related to energy, water and the environment.
Managing Europe is a complex challenge. The Master’s in European Studies gives you the expertise to operate in this fascinating environment where various levels of government come together.
Are you interested in a career in GIS/spatial data science and becoming a geospatial professional?
This Master’s focuses on healthcare policy and organisation, with specific attention to the role of technology in healthcare.
Combine design and engineering in creating innovative products that enrich people’s lives. During this two-year Master’s, you learn to optimise both products and the development processes involved.
Become a creative, multidisciplinary manager with both technological know-how and engineering and management skills and optimise processes and solve problems in complex, globally active organisations.
Delve into the field of human-computer interaction and design and develop interactive technologies that are meaningful to people and society.
Become an expert mechanical engineer that focuses on the futureproof design, analysis and maintenance of machinery, structures, products and production processes.
Tackle big, societal issues at the smallest level: become an expert in the upcoming field of nanotechnology and invent, design, and develop innovative solutions on the extremely small nanoscale.
Philosophy of Science, Technology & Society is the premier Master's programme for learning how to critically analyse and assess the impact of scientific and technological developments on society.
To understand human behaviour means to understand the world. This Master’s will deepen your understanding of human behaviour in order to design effective solutions to societal problems.
Learn to tackle the grand challenges our complex society faces from a political-administrative point of view and develop your own profile within a domain of your choice.
Natural disasters, poverty, food shortage, epidemics, climate change: learn to tackle society’s greatest and most complex challenges with the use of spatial data.
Do you feel called upon to make a valuable contribution to the sustainable energy transition? Become an expert in the development, implementation and integration of sustainable energy technologies.
Countries eligible for this scholarship
- Palestinian Territories
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
The official application form completed in English should be used, and should be submitted to the Foundation by February 15th and be accompanied by:
- Motivation / purpose statement (in English)
- Curriculum vitae (in English)
- Copy of passport plus an additional current passport photo in colour
- Copies of degrees or diplomas with academic transcripts (with English translation)
- Letter of acceptance from host university in the Netherlands
- Two signed references from either academic or professional referees
- An official course description of the programme offered by the host university
- Budget: please provide a detailed financial overview, including tuition fees and living expenses, as well as other sources of income to cover your study in the Netherlands for the academic year you are applying
- Signed and dated MSR Scholarship Application Form
- The student should hold a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) or will have completed the degree course and obtained the degree before the commencement of the academic year.
- Candidates should be inhabitants of a country in the Arab World or have the Dutch nationality.
- The scholarship is open to Arab students who have received an official acceptance letter for a Master's or a Ph.D programme in the Netherlands and to Dutch students who have received an official letter for a Master's or a Ph.D programme in the Arab World.
- The candidate should have a good knowledge of English and/or of the language of study if that is not English is necessary.