The UT Incentive Fund is brought to you by the Ambassadors’ Network and financed by the OPUT and UT’s DE&I Team. Its aim is to fund initiatives that encourage innovative, bottom-up initiatives valuing and respecting diversity, allowing for equitable solutions and promoting inclusion at UT.
Do you have an innovative idea for how to strengthen and secure diversity, equity and inclusion amongst the employees or students in our organisation? Then the UT Incentive fund is now open for your proposal. Please share your proposal by 17 June 2022 and have a chance to win a grant from this fund to realise your proposal.
Who can apply?
The UT Incentive Fund is open to all employees and students who strive for a diversity-valuing and inclusive university for each and every one of us. Working together to create a stronger community and more equitable and inclusive UT. Proposals can be submitted as a group or as an individual and should showcase how we as employees or students can actively work towards our inclusion goals. If you are the main submitter of your proposal and have a temporary contract at UT, you should have a guarantee for at least one more year (twelve months) of employment at UT. If you are a group of students, you either need to be a recognised as an association by the Student Union or the main submitter needs to be available for the duration of the project.
What can be covered and what not?
The UT Incentive Fund can support any initiative that could help strengthen UT as a diverse and inclusive community for students and staff. The available budget is € 55.000,- and the maximum for an individual application is € 10.000,- per employee application and € 5.000,- per student application. Your proposal will be assessed by the Ambassadors' Network and money will be granted to proposals that can best translate ideas into activities, studies or projects that could produce a sustainable impact and help UT be a more inclusive organisation. Your application can possibly be awarded partially.
Please note that the Incentive Fund does not provide grants for pure scientific research, however doing a study to fill a knowledge gap in diversity and inclusion could be a possibility. Requests for equipment or data collection will not be considered.
What components are required?
Proposals should contain two parts.
Points of attention
- Your application will be assessed by the members of the UT Ambassadors’ Network. From your plan they should be able to understand in particular how the proposed activities will champion diversity, equity and inclusion at UT.
- The maximum amount that can be awarded is € 10.000,- per employee application and € 5.000,- per student application.
Criteria for assesment
- The expected impact on the UT community.
- The direct link to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- The clarity of the planned actions and budget overview.
- Proposed activity can be completed within twelve months.
Consider diversity within the team applying for the grant as well. That is an extra plus.
- Closing date for proposals: 17 June 2022.
- Decisions on the application will be taken at the Ambassadors’ Network meeting of mid June 2022 and will be communicated back to the applicants by the end of July 2022.
- Your application should be submitted to the DE&I Team email@example.com
- The outcomes of funded projects must be reported back to the Ambassadors’ Network within three months of the project ending and can be used for communication purposes.
Any questions about this call?
Please contact Michael Neys (DE&I HR Policy Advisor and secretary Ambassadors' Network) or Sterre Mkatini (DE&I Officer) if more information is needed.