Scientists and engineers are investigating technologies to cool down the planet. This can be done by releasing aerosols in the stratosphere. Herman Russchenberg (Professor Atmospheric Remote Sensing, TU Delft) hopes we will never have to use these techniques, but he thinks it’s wise to investigate the possibilities anyway. Frank Biermann (Professor of Global Sustainability Governance, UU) sheds light on the political implications: how can climate engineering be organized in a democratic and fair way, if at all? Philosopher Patrick Smith (PhD, UT) reflects on the ethical issues: who is responsible when things go wrong? In cooperation with KIVI and Ockham. 17.30-18.30 buffet; 18.30-20.30 lectures. Please sign up for the buffet via: www.kivi.nl//kst
Tuesday 25 February 2020 17:30 - 20:30
- Sat 22 Feb 2020 20:00 - 22:30Dutch National Student Orchestra visits Enschede
- Tue 25 Feb 2020 15:00 - 17:30Visit Mindlab and get inspired!
- Tue 25 Feb 2020 19:00 - 21:30Visit Mindlab and get inspired!
- Wed 26 Feb 2020 10:30 - 14:00Visit Mindlab and get inspired!
- Wed 26 Feb 2020 14:30 - 17:00Visit Mindlab and get inspired!