PhD candidates with starting year 2015 or earlier.
In this one day crash course, you will get some very helpful tools to make writing more easy, more effective and more efficient. Of course there is more to learn about writing than can be taught in this one day, but joining this crash course will make you to write with much more ease.
What will be covered?
- The writing process: how do you write, how do good writers write and what can you learn from them? How to use the different phases of the writing process?
- Structure: fundamental for a text, how to ensure a good structure for your text?
- Argumentation and convincing: 99% of all academic texts are convincing texts, you need to argue. How to make sure that your text persuades in an academic way?
- Paragraph and sentence building: a text will only be readable if all the building blocks are correct.
- How to make a writing plan you can stick to?
- What can you do when you get stuck with writing?
- How to make sure you get the right feedback on your text?
During the day we will – amongst other things – work with your own text.
Make sure you bring 3 copies of at least 4 pages of self-written text with you.
Certificate 0,5 EC and Assignment
At the end of the course you will get an assignment that you need to complete to earn your certificate and get your 0,5 EC.
Dr. Arjenne Louter
Bring 3 copies of at least 4 pages of self-written text with you
Date, time and place
Tuesday 22 November 2016, 8:45-17.00 h.,
Location: Conferencehotel Drienerburght, room A
Please notice in case of cancellation at the last moment, we are forced to send an invoice with the costs to the department of your faculty.
Selected course is not available.