After this training course participants will have learned how to:
- Adjust their leadership style to specific situations
- Communicate effectively
- Give constructive feedback
- Supervise the planning
- Coaching the writing process
- Supervisors are expected to operate in a difficult situation: a PhD student has to develop his or her creativity, but is expected to achieve this in a time frame of three or four years. A PhD student is an employee as well as a student. A supervisor is a coach as well as an assessor.
- Discussing the model of Situational Leadership is an important subject in this workshop. A good coach is aware of her or his own strong and weak points in supervising others and can determine a supervision strategy depending on the situation and the PhD student that enables the student to solve problems independently as much as possible, completing the PhD program in a pleasant atmosphere and within the required time frame.
- Using a system for planning a PhD project is the second subject in the program (see our website www.projectmanagementforphds.com).
- We will also discuss which strategies can be used to help PhD students with the writing process.
*This course is fully booked, if you register now, you will be placed on the waiting list and you will be enrolled if a place becomes available.