TWENTE GRADUATE SCHOOL COURSES
The University of Twente offers a wide variety of courses and workshops for personal development, specifically tailored to the needs of PhD candidates and post-docs. Selected activities can form part of the doctoral education programme for PhD candidates (see doctoral education in menu).
UT’s Centre for Training and Development (CTD) has a portal bringing together PhD and Postdoc skills courses and workshops.
Twente Graduate School complements this with a small number of workshops and broadening courses:
- Research Management (27, 28 OCT + 3, 4 NOV; 2 EC)
- Workshop Creative Thinking (1 NOV; 0.5 EC)
- Communication, Innovation and Society (NOV-JAN; 5 EC)
- Crash Course Writing, How to Write with Ease (22 NOV; 0.5 EC)
- Science Research Writing (NOV-DEC; 1 EC)
- Introductory Workshop for PhD candidates (15 DEC; 0.5 EC)
- Introductory Workshop for PhD candidates (16 FEB; 0.5 EC)
- Advanced Science Communication (FEB-MAR; 5 EC)
- Refined Coaching Skills (MAR-JUN; 5 EC)
- EntrepreneurialU (13-22 AUG; 2 EC)
- Research Management (Spring; dates to be announced; 2 EC)
- Workshop Creative Thinking (Spring; date to be announced; 0.5 EC)
- Publishing Innovations, Peer Review and How to get published in a Good Scientific Journal (Spring; - EC)
- Introductory Workshop for PhD candidates (1 June; 0.5 EC)
- Summerschool doing Narrative Analysis (August; 2 EC)
You can contact the Writing Centre for individual help with specific writing problems, such as language issues, text structure, finding the right sources or citation issues. Or perhaps you have no idea why your writing is going so slowly, or what is wrong with your text.
The Writing Centre will deal with any question at any stage in the writing process. However, the Writing Centre is not a correction service. You will receive help, but you will still need to do all your writing yourself.
PhD skills training in Delft, Eindhoven and Wageningen now open for registration
As from spring 2016 the 4TU universities have opened up their DE training programmes to each other’s doctoral candidates. You can also enroll in their Doctoral Education courses. This is a pilot and will last until the end of 2016. The 4TU universities are: TU Delft, TU/e in Eindhoven and WUR in Wageningen and the University of Twente.
All partner universities have excellent Doctoral Education training programmes:
The TU/E programme can be found here.
The WUR programme can be found here
Please take travel time into account when signing up for courses.
No additional fee will be charged for courses that you may take within the 4TU consortium.