TWENTE GRADUATE SCHOOL COURSES
The University of Twente offers a wide variety of courses and workshops for personal development, specifically tailored to the needs of PhD candidates and post-docs. Selected activities can form part of the doctoral education programme for PhD candidates (see doctoral education in menu).
UT’s Centre for Training and Development (CTD) has a portal bringing together PhD and Postdoc skills courses and workshops.
Twente Graduate School complements this with a small number of workshops and broadening courses:
- Research Management (27, 28 OCT + 3, 4 NOV; 2 EC)
- Workshop Creative Thinking (1 NOV; 0.5 EC)
- Communication, Innovation and Society (NOV-JAN; 5 EC)
- Crash Course Writing, How to Write with Ease (22 NOV; 0.5 EC)
- Science Research Writing (NOV-DEC; 1 EC)
- Introductory Workshop for PhD candidates (15 DEC; 0.5 EC)
- Introductory Workshop for PhD candidates (16 FEB; 0.5 EC)
- Advanced Science Communication (FEB-MAR; 5 EC)
- Refined Coaching Skills (MAR-JUN; 5 EC)
- EntrepreneurialU (13-22 AUG; 2 EC)
- Research Management (Spring; dates to be announced; 2 EC)
- Workshop Creative Thinking (Spring; date to be announced; 0.5 EC)
- Publishing Innovations, Peer Review and How to get published in a Good Scientific Journal (Spring; - EC)
- Introductory Workshop for PhD candidates (1 June; 0.5 EC)
- Summerschool doing Narrative Analysis (August; 2 EC)
You can contact the Writing Centre for individual help with specific writing problems, such as language issues, text structure, finding the right sources or citation issues. Or perhaps you have no idea why your writing is going so slowly, or what is wrong with your text.
The Writing Centre will deal with any question at any stage in the writing process. However, the Writing Centre is not a correction service. You will receive help, but you will still need to do all your writing yourself.
PhD skills training in Delft and Eindhoven now open for registration
This Spring the three 3TU universities, i.e. University of Twente, Delft University of Technology and TU/e, will open up their PhD skills training program for PhD’s from the other two universities. You may already have met PhD students from one of these universities at other occasions. Now you can also sign up for courses at Delft and Eindhoven University of Technology. Both universities have excellent training programs, that are worth taking a look at. If you want to sign up for a course, please read the information below.
Delft University of Technology
Eindhoven University of Technology
The information can be found here.
Please take into consideration the time it takes to travel to these universities if you sign up for a course.
This is a pilot which will last until the end of this year.