Are you an international student and do you want to obtain your master's at UT? Find out if you are admissible first!
Currently, you possess an international bachelor's degree and have decided to sign up for the Master's in Business Administration. First, find out if you are admissible and fill in the mandatory online eligibility check (e-check), before applying for this Master's.
Admission requirements for Business Administration
Required diplomas or knowledge
- Bachelor of Science, or equivalent, in Business Administration or in a closely related field
- Knowledge of the following topics:
- Organisation Theory
- Strategic Management
- Logistic Management
- Operations Management
- Financial Management
- Information Management
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Business Law
- Research, mathematical and analytical skills:
- Research Methodology
Success in your studies requires a high level of English proficiency. Therefore, prospective master's students with an international degree must meet the English language requirement.
Make sure you have obtained a valid English test result before the application deadline. If your application is accompanied by a language test score report with a test date after our application deadline, we will not process it. Therefore, make sure to do the test in advance, as it will take time for you to get the official certificate.
As proof that you meet this requirement, you will be asked in the application procedure to upload one of the requested language certificates below. Only these internationally recognised test results will be accepted. Without a valid certificate, your application cannot be processed.
- IELTS (academic) certificate, not older than two years, with an overall band score of at least 6.5, and a minimum score on each section of at least 6.0. The IELTS Online test and IELTS Indicator test are not accepted by the University of Twente.
- TOEFL iBT (internet-based) certificate, not older than two years, with an overall score of 90, and a minimum score on each section of at least 21. Please note that the University of Twente does not accept the MyBest scores of the TOEFL test. An alternative English test can be the TOEFL iBT (Special) Home Edition test. This test is valid for February 2023, September 2023, and February 2024 intake.
- Cambridge C1 Advanced, formerly known as; Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) from 2015 onwards (when the subscores were introduced). Obtained an A, B or C grade, with an overall score of at least 176 and a minimum score on each section of at least 169. The Cambridge online test is not accepted by the University of Twente.
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency, formerly known as; Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE) from 2015 onwards (when the subscores were introduced). Obtained an A, B or C grade, with an overall score of at least 176 and a minimum score on each section of at least 169. The Cambridge online test is not accepted by the University of Twente.
KEEP IN MIND
- The language requirements when applying for a scholarship may be different because scholarship providers may have different requirements.
- If you are a native English speaker and/or you have (fully) completed your education in English, you also have to meet the specific English language requirement.
You are exempted from the English language requirement if you hold:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree and/or master's degree from an accredited academic institution in the Netherlands
- A three-year bachelor’s degree in Australia, Canada (English-speaking part), Ireland, New Zealand, UK or USA. When your awarding institution is in one of these countries, but your teaching institution was not, you are not exempted. The same rule applies to distance (online) education.
- You have English as an exam subject during your secondary education. This exemption depends on your country, please check our country list to make sure if you must do the additional English language test or not. Please note: not every master's programme allows this as an exemption. Please submit your application and your application will be reviewed whether or not an additional English language test is required.
- Copy of diploma.
- Transcript of records.
- CGPA of at least 70-80% of the maximum score, or your country's equivalent.
- Research, mathematical, and anlytical skills:
- For candidates that received their Bachelor’s degree in a country that ratified the Lisbon Convention, at least Mathematics A or B at pre-university level (Dutch: VWO) is required. You can find a list with equivalent diplomas here.
- For other countries or if the level of mathematics cannot be established, a GMAT test score of at least 600 no older than 5 years is required.
- Summary of thesis in English language (BSc or MSc).
- Motivational letter, explaining why you and the programme are a great fit (max. 2 pages). Give a clear and relevant statement of motivation for one of the specialisations.
- Résumé stating relevant work experience, extracurricular activities, honours or awards obtained (Tip: use the format of Europass to make sure everything is included).
- Names and addresses of two referees.
Do the e-check
Find out if you are admissible within five minutes with our eligibility check! This e-check is created for upcoming master's students with an international bachelor's degree to verify that they meet the specific admission requirements for this Master's.
For students with an international degree, it is mandatory to complete the e-check. After you have submitted your e-check you will receive an e-mail with a code. You need to fill in this code within your application later on.
Please note that it gives you an indication of your eligibility, it is not the official admission decision and no rights can be derived from the outcome of the eligibility check. Ultimately, the official admission decision follows once you have applied for this Master’s.
Note: Students taking part in a double degree programme with TU Berlin or Lappeenranta University of Technology should proceed with their application, regardless of the outcome of the eligibility check.
Start your application
After finishing the first part of the application process, the eligibility check, you receive further instructions by e-mail. You may be admitted to this Master's on the condition that you still have to pass. Therefore, know that you can apply even if you have not yet obtained your diploma.
To apply, you need to fill in the code you received via e-mail after submitting the mandatory e-check.