The video team consists of skilled professionals with a proven track record in media creation. From studio recordings to multi-camera events, from video editing to animation, and from Teams/Zoom support to streaming of live events from our studio. The video team likes to be challenged and is always looking for innovations, but also keen on using proven technology.
- Innovation in educationInnovations in education, is an ongoing process. Teachers and students of today are on the lookout for challenges and opportunities to connect to the outside world. The video team continuously looks for new innovative ways to accomplish this/to support them. Examples are the use of the DIY-studio, Lightboards, tablets, or 360º-videos. Just to name a few. Lightboard recording The Lightboard is a glass chalkboard pumped full of light. It's for recording and hosting video lecture topics. You face toward your viewers, and your writing glows in front of you. It’s a great tool that combines both a video lecture with the benefits of a real whiteboard. It’s an excellent tool for recording video clips that include mathematical formulas, exercises, examples and drawings. Click here for more information. How does it work? The Lightboard is positioned between you and the camera. You can teach like you are used to and write on it with neon markers to explain the concepts. Because you are facing the camera, the Lightboard
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)MOOC is short for Massive Online Open Course. These courses are usually free of charge and offered for Future Learn Platform Through the worldwide platform FutureLearn.org, the UT offers a variety of MOOCs. Most MOOCs are repeated regularly. For details: utwente.nl/mooc futurelearn.com/partners/twente Contact Contact person within UT (only visible after login):
- Motion graphics and animationThis is a very broad category of media ranging from simple 2D animated infographics in a variety of styles to complex 3D animation. The UT currently doesn’t have any tendered partners for animation. We do however have a variety of external partners in our network that we’ve worked with within the past. Example of a simple informative 2d animation: Bachelor’s in Advanced Technology at the University of Twente This animation explains what you can expect from the Bachelor's in Advanced Technology. Do you want to know more about the programme? Visit: Advanced Technology | https://www.utwente.nl/en/education/bachelor/programmes/advanced-technology/ MORE EXAMPLES Example of a slightly more complex 2d product presentation animation: Whisstone, reducing traffic noise with concrete The Whisstone is a concrete sound diffractor for reducing noise pollution created by traffic. By absorbing and reflecting sound waves, the Whisstone causes traffic noise to deflect in an upwards direction. Creating a reduction in noise along
- Requirements for accessibilityVideos are used for different types of channels. We share best practices for Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook and Instagram. Submitting your video for the UT channels If you have a high quality video about research or education at the UT, it might qualify for being placed on the UT YouTube account. Please submit the following information to onlinemedia (a) utwente.nl: Video file (use for example wetransfer.com) Title of the video Short description Primary language Subtitle files (English, but you may also add a separate Dutch file) Should the video be visible to everybody or only via a private link Are others allowed to embed the video to their website or not Vimeo If you want the video on Vimeo, please use the UT-Vimeo platform to upload the video. Is subtitling required? By applying the government’s digital accessibility guidelines (digitoegankelijkheid), websites and web applications (online office documents included) become accessible to the general audience (citizens, companies and other governments), employees and
- Video creation by external suppliersWould you like to have a video made of a congress or an awards ceremony? Or perhaps you would like to make the presentation of your institute a little more dynamic? There are very many options, but in order to be able to evaluate quotations properly, you do need to have some knowledge of matters such as prices, rights and scripts. We are happy to help in making things easier. Below is a list of parties with which the University of Twente often works. They offer good value for money. Quitclaim videography links to Quitclaim_Videography.pdf Download this quit claim form that the people who will be filmed need to fill in. Quitclaim photography links to Quitclaim_photography.pdf Download this quit claim form that the people who will be portrayed need to fill in. SimulPlus Simulplus are Frans Strikker and Yke Hoek. Together, they regularly carry out video assignments for events such as the Opening of the Academic Year, the Dies and various awards ceremonies at the University of Twente. Frans Strikker - email@example.com
- Zoom and Microsoft TeamsZoom is a video communications platform. It can be used for non-confidential one-on-one or group meetings. Also see: Zoom general information/FAQ Microsoft Teams You can use Teams to invite your colleagues to chat, meet, call and work together. This can all be done in one place, wherever you are. Also see: Microsoft Teams general information and FAQ.