Various options are open to you when you do not agree to a decision impacting your legal position. You can respond informally, for instance by discussing your wishes or objections with your direct manager and/or your HR advisor. You may also object formally by submitting a letter of objection to the Executive Board. In the ensuing objection procedure the initial decision will be reassessed. An advisory committee - the University of Twente HR objections committee - advises the Executive Board on the decision it should make on an objection.

Should you also disagree with the decision on your objection rendered by the Executive Board, you may bring an appeal against this decision to the district court. Appeal against the decision by the district court lies to the Central Appeals Tribunal in Utrecht.