The first textbook on Electrowetting appeared at Wiley-VCH. The book is co-authored by Profs. Frieder Mugele (TNW, Physics of Complex Fluids) and Jason Heikenfeld (Univ. Cincinnati). The first part of the book provides an overview of the physical principles of wetting, electrostatics, interfacial physical chemistry, and fluid dynamics of droplets that control the electrowetting effect. In the second part, these physical principles are used to explain the operating mechanisms of applications of the electrowetting effect. Each chapter of the book contains a series of examples and questions that make it useful for use in courses on microfluidics, wetting, and electrowetting. The book is intended to serve the growing community of students and academic and industrial researchers as both an introduction and a standard reference.
Thursday 21 February 2019
More recent news
- Wed 13 Nov 2019Knowledge sector takes major step forward in new approach to recognising and rewarding academics
- Wed 13 Nov 2019Improving treatment for aneurysm
- Wed 13 Nov 2019Challenge-based ECIU University is born
- Tue 12 Nov 2019Heart-on-chip: improved treatment of cardiac arrhythmia
- Mon 11 Nov 2019Saxion, University of Twente and ABN Amro transfer shares in BTC Twente B.V.