The STW Take-off grant, formerly known as the STW Valorisation Grant, has been awarded to the company Adv. Nanofibers, (www.advnanofibers.com) on their proposal to commercialize “Ceramic Nanofiber Paper”. The company was recently founded by Gerard Cadafalch Gazquez and Behruz Mammadov, and is a spin-off from the Inorganic & Hybrid Nanomaterials group of the MESA+ Institute of the University of Twente. The focus of the company lies on the development of nanofiber based products. Ceramic nanofiber paper is a light, thin, and fully flexible material. It is fire resistant and chemically inert because it is pure ceramic. The extraordinary combination of a ceramic material -typically hard and brittle compounds- that is as flexible as paper is of interest for a wide range of applications. The Take-off grant will be used to perform feasibility studies on these newly developed materials and perform market studies.
Friday 23 January 2015
More recent news
- Fri 6 Dec 2019Organic packaging to protect enzymes
- Thu 5 Dec 2019€2.3 million from NWO for five UT research projects on cybersecurity
- Thu 5 Dec 2019Universities have more to gain from excellence education
- Wed 4 Dec 2019World record energy efficient data conversion
- Mon 2 Dec 2019Dies Natalis 2019: opening TechMed Centre