The STW Take-off grant, formerly known as the STW Valorisation Grant, has been awarded to the company Adv. Nanofibers, (www.advnanofibers.com) on their proposal to commercialize “Ceramic Nanofiber Paper”. The company was recently founded by Gerard Cadafalch Gazquez and Behruz Mammadov, and is a spin-off from the Inorganic & Hybrid Nanomaterials group of the MESA+ Institute of the University of Twente. The focus of the company lies on the development of nanofiber based products. Ceramic nanofiber paper is a light, thin, and fully flexible material. It is fire resistant and chemically inert because it is pure ceramic. The extraordinary combination of a ceramic material -typically hard and brittle compounds- that is as flexible as paper is of interest for a wide range of applications. The Take-off grant will be used to perform feasibility studies on these newly developed materials and perform market studies.
Friday 23 January 2015
More recent news
- Wed 20 Jan 2021Sustainable coastal protection through a combination of salt marshes and dykes
- Wed 20 Jan 2021Online talk show ‘Campus Talks’ is back
- Thu 14 Jan 2021Universities reduce binding recommendation (BSA) standards
- Thu 14 Jan 2021Prof. Dr. Tatiana Filatova to leave the University of Twente
- Thu 14 Jan 2021Droplets rapidly changing into bubbles and enhanced turbulence caused by sandpaper