Are you a recognised refugee with a higher level of education in your country of origin?
You are very welcome to study at the University of Twente (UT). There is financial support available for this purpose. Please read below what the conditions are to receive some of this financial support, handled by UAF. Before you can start studying here, the following programme has to be followed.
As soon as you have obtained a residence permit, the civic integration programme starts, about which the Education Executive Agency (DUO) will inform you. An integral part of this civic integration programme is learning the Dutch language.
The proceeds from a special campaign held by UT staff were donated to the Foundation for Refugee Students (UAF). It is used to provide financial support for future UT refugee students like you.
Once you have started Dutch language lessons on B1 level, an application can be submitted to the UAF. Processing an application may take up to a few months.
- Checks with the University of Twente whether you can be admitted
- Advises on the choice of study
- Offers guidance during your study
- Offers guidance when you are applying for a job
- Offers financial support for (the preparation of) study programmes, such as college tuition and books
Any diplomas you have been able to take with you from your country of origin will be evaluated to see whether you can start with one of our study programmes. You must at least meet the following requirements:
- Educational programmes in Dutch: you must have passed the State Exam Dutch NT2, level II.
- Most UT educational programmes are in English, so a sufficient command of English is required.
UT only offers Dutch language programmes on a higher level. Contact the UT Language Centre for information on these B2 programmes and preparation for the state examination.
The StudieSuccesCentrum of Saxion offers language programmes on all levels: from beginners (CEF A0 level) to state examination II (CEF B2 level).
For any questions regarding admission contact: Student Services.