Improving healthcare by personalized technology
The Technical Medical Centre (TechMed Centre) is a leading Innovation Hub impacting healthcare by excellent Research, Innovation and Educational programmes. It is equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure, ranging from research labs, preclinical testbeds and simulated hospital environments.
In our mission to impact society, we stimulate entrepreneurship and enable (new) companies to grow within our regional Novel-T ecosystem. We collaborate with industry, hospitals, governments and insurance agencies on the development of new solutions for healthcare.
- We educate 1600 students in our TechMed BSc & TechMed MSc programmes
- We annually train 500 healthcare professionals by Life Long Learning
- We have 400 fte scientific staff
- 40% of the University of Twente’s funded scientific projects focus on Healthcare
- 50% of the University of Twente’s recent spin-off companies are dedicated to Healthcare
The healthcare programmes at the University of Twente provide pioneering and agenda-setting education aimed at preparing students for a career in this sector.
Excellence in interdisciplinary translational research in the fields of translational physiology, bioengineering technology, biomedical imaging, bio robotics and health sciences, delivering knowhow & personalised technology for early diagnosis and targeted treatment of diseases and an improved independency of patients.
The Technical Medical Centre is a leading Innovation Hub that stimulates the development and implementation of technology for better healthcare.
The TechMed Centre has state-of-the-art infrastructure to support its research and education. Facility sharing is actively encouraged both within and outside of the university (both hospitals and the medtech industry/SME’s).
Would you like to know more about the TechMed Centre? Or do you have comments or inquiries? You can contact us in a number of ways.
- TechMed Centre - Institute
TECHMED centre office secretariat
Use this contact information if you are want to contact the technical medical institute (not questions about the building and facilities in it).
- Location: TL 2100
- Tel.: +31 53 489 3367 (secretariat of Nico Verdonschot & Remke Burie)
- Tel.: +31 53 489 3770 (secretariat of Jouke Tamsma)
- Email: email@example.com
- TechMed Centre - Service desk (Technohal building)
TechMed/Technohal Service desk
Use this contact information if you have general question about the TechMed Centre (Technohal) building.
- Location: Reception ground floor (near main entrance)
- Tel.: +31 53 489 1800
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Techmed Centre - Simulation Centre
TechMed Simulation Centre
Use this information for questions about the use and availability of equipment in the TechMed Simulation Centre.
- Location: Reception TL 2146
- Tel.: +31 53 489 3627
- Email: email@example.com
TechMed Simulation Centre Secretariat
Use this information for questions about the use and availability of rooms and to request (guided) tours in the TechMed Simulation Centre.
- Location: Reception TL 2144
- Tel.: +31 53 489 4757
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org