- Biomedical Imaging
- Bioengineering technologies
- Translational physiology
- Health Sciences
The technological expertise is linked to societal challenges at three levels.
Technology for early detection of diseases
- Molecular diagnostics
- Medical Imaging
- Personalized Medicine & big data
Technology for targeted treatment of diseases
- Image Guided Treatment & Robotics
- Molecular Therapeutics (e.g. organ-on-a-chip, regenerative medicine, targeted nano medicine)
Technology for improved independency & remote care
- Personalized eHealth technology
- Wearable technology (e.g. sensors, robotics, bio artificial organs)
In each level, strategic programs are being developed. It is evident that in order to make impact in society, the input from research on health technology assessment, value based health care and ethics should be included at each level.