This is a quick reference for the first time log on to a UT Modern Workplace Windows 11
To setup your new device, please follow the steps below.
1. After powering on the notebook for the first time, choose and select United States-International and answer yes in “Is this the right keyboard layout”.
2. Choose Skip in “Do you want to add a second keyboard layout” or select an additional keyboard layout.
3. It is mandatory to connect to the Internet first.
4. For the first log on, use your employee UT e-mail address and enter your password (you might receive an MFA (Multi Factor Authentication) message, which you have to approve).
5. During the first log on, your user profile will be created and is provided with the latest settings and policies (note that only the first account to log on will have administrator rights). This process may take several minutes, please wait until the Windows desktop appears.
6. After the Windows desktop appears, several installations and policies may run in the background in the next 15 minutes. You can already use the workspace in the meantime (for example the installation of Software Center which after a few minutes becomes available in the Windows start menu.)
7. If OneDrive does not already automatically sign in, sign in with your UT e-mail address. The folders ‘Desktop’, ‘Pictures’ and ‘Documents’ will be redirected to your University of Twente OneDrive a few moments after logging in.
8. When you are not on Campus, you need to connect through eduVPN (Institute Access) whenever you need to access to University of Twente resources (e.g. P: or M: drive, or web apps).
9. After a restart you occasionally can see the following or a similar message. If so, click on this message and on the next screen select “fix now”. In most cases you need to approve an MFA sign in request.