Virtual Private Networking (VPN) is used to set up a virtual network connection across another physical network connection. In this case, that involves setting up a VPN connection to the University of Twente, so that you will acquire an IP address starting with 130.89, even if your Internet Service Provider is not the same as that of the University of Twente. With this VPN connection, you will get both an IPv4 and IPv6 UT address. All network traffic from your device will go through the network of the University of Twente.
Before you start
- This guide has been written for iPhone and iPad devices.
- This manual uses a consistent style of writing: references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics, information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
You’ll need the following:
- An Internet connection.
- UT e-mail address.
INSTALLATION AND CONNECTING
STEP 1: DOWNLOAD
- Go to the App Store and search for eduVPN.
- Install the eduVPN app.
After the app is installed, continue the following steps of this manual.
STEP 2: INSTALL ut PROFILE
Start the app.
- A message may appear: eduVPN wants to send you messages
- Choose: allow
Press the bottom shield: Access your institute’s network.
Select University of Twente.
The UT profile is added to the client.
STEP 3: CONNECTING
Select the University of Twente profile.
- A message may appear: eduVPN Would like to Add VPN Configurations
- Choose: Allow
Log in with the UT email address at the UT Login page.
When the connection is established the following screen will appear: