WebDrive makes it possible to reach your UT documents while you are working at home and/or on your mobile device. You can reach your data by using Finder, Windows Explorer or a mobile device with WebDAV app (e.g. GoodReader, WebDAV Navigator).
It is not possible to copy big files, like CDs or big programs; maximum file size is 30 MB.
To reach your data, you use a WebDAV protocol. There are several WebDAV clients for different platforms (Apple Mac OS, iOS, Microsoft Windows and Ubuntu Linux). Because the data is transported via internet, you can reach your data nearly everywhere. You don’t need VPN connection and your data is secured by HTTPS connection.
Before you get started
- This manual has been written for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard). It is possible that the images for other versions of Mac OS X are slightly different, but the steps are nearly identical. There is another manual for Windows. Separate manuals are available for Windows 7, Vista and XP and mobile devices.
- This manual uses a consistent style of writing: references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics, information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
Webdav connection via Finder
STEP 1: CONNECT TO SERVER
- Click Finder on the menu.
- Click Go.
- Click Connect to Server…
STEP 2: SERVER ADRESS
- Under Server Address, enter https://webdrive.utwente.nl.
- Click the + icon.
- Click Connect.
STEP 3: LOGIN
- Select behind Connect as the option Registered User.
- In the field after Name, enter UT email address.
- In the field after Password, enter the appropriate password.
- Select Remember this password.
- Click Connect.