Managing your information is important during your daily activities. From a legal point of view it is a must to save critical documents or better: records. All information created, sent and received in the course of your job related activities is a record. Records can be in paper, digital or other formats. Records provide evidence of your research and business activities and function.
What is Records Management?
The department Records Management of LISA helps you managing your records during the life cycle of a document. It may ensure that your records of historical, fiscal, and legal value are identified and preserved, and that non-essential records are discarded in a timely manner according to Dutch guidelines and identified legislation.
- Helps you to do your job better: it supports ease and efficiency of working because you can find the information you need, when you need it.
- Protects you and the University: it provides evidence of people's rights and entitlements, and shows what the University did and why it did it.
- Saves you time by ensuring you can easily find the information you need
- Reduces costs, particularly space related costs, by ensuring you don't keep any more records than you have to, and by making sure that you know when you can delete or destroy them
- Supports you with records you can rely on, both by helping you to find the appropriate version and, by securing the legal value of records that are needed as evidence in a court of law.
You as an employee have a responsibility during this process. It is your task to provide for conditions that may keep the documents that were made up or received by you in good order during a certain amount of time or even permanent. You should also provide for the conditions which make it possible to retrieve them at all times.
- Advise: consultation about analyzing your document flow and about managing your records during your project
- Archiving: support in scanning, disposition and archiving records in accordance with a service level agreement
- Transfer: store records which are inactive, whether they are in paper, digital or other formats
- Digitization: make your office paperless by understanding the flow of paper and implement solutions to digitize it