For the TGS Award 2020, three candidates will be selected by the TGS Award Committee at the the September 2019 round and three candidates will be selected at the January 2020 (deadline 15 January 2020) round.
In total 6 candidates will compete for the Award.
This call is for nominees for the January 2020-round. For this round, nominees should fulfill the following requirements*:
- talented and excellent UT MSc student with the ambition to pursue a PhD trajectory at the University of Twente
- independently working on a research proposal or programme to be submitted for external funding around the 1st of May 2020.
- nominated & recommended by the intended UT researcher and/or full professor (beoogd promotor in Dutch)
- MSc graduation date around the submission date.
- nomination through a filled in form (incl. candidate CV, grades and PhD research proposal abstract)
TGS will organize proposal-writing and presentation-skills coaching for all nominees. The TGS Award committee will select from the nominees a maximum of 3 candidates in September 2019. These three candidates are entitled to a TGS bridging grant** for a maximum of 6 months to be used if necessary to bridge the period between MSc Graduation and obtaining external PhD funding. Together with three candidates which will be selected in January 2020, they will compete in June 2020 for the TGS Award 2020, which consists of a Certificate and a Check of 2.500 Euros to be spent on doctoral education/research conference.
* contact TGS (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) if you have high potential nominees who do not completely meet all requirements!
** the 6 month bridging grant from the TGS Fund is on the basis of AiO salary.
Note: The winner of the TGS Award 2019 was awarded the price by the
rector prof. T. Palstra at the ‘Opening Academic Year 2019' (September 2019).
Patricia Reyes Benavides received the TGS award 2019. For her research, please watch the video.
The 2020 winner will receive the Award in September 2020. For previous Award winners please visit the TGS website.