We would like to inform you about some important changes in the Doctoral Regulations that were adopted by the Doctorate Board and that will take effect per 1 September 2022. The published text of the new Doctoral Regulations (NL/UK) can be found on the website of the Twente Graduate School. The most important changes are:
- There is a minimum of 2 (co)-supervisors – derived from the 4-eyes principle and a maximum of 4 (co)-supervisors (was 3) (Article 4 and 34.2).
- Provision for examiners to attend the defence online (Article 37.6).
- Provision for having a defence fully online, or elsewhere (Article 36.2).
- Procedure for changing (co)-supervisors (Article 24.4 and 28.2, see also Annex 2, Article 24).
- Time between publication of an article and its incorporation in a PhD thesis can be 7 years (was 5) due to unexpected delays (Article 11.3).
- How to deal with PhD candidates who already obtained a doctorate degree (Article 2.4).
- The birthdate and birthplace of the candidate needs not to be mentioned on the title pages anymore; but it will continue to be mentioned on the diploma (Annex 4, Article 40.1).
- Dedicated mailboxes for requests to:
- Doctorate Board (email@example.com):
exemptions / deviations from the Doctoral regulations;
- Doctorate Board Support Office (firstname.lastname@example.org):
regarding regular procedures (Article 2.7).
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further questions.
Prof. dr. Ariana Need
Dean Twente Graduate School