Are you facing problems with or related to your PhD / EngD research, or are you confronted with health or personal problems? And do you feel these issues may affect your work? Take action and get help. This help is available for all PhD / EngD candidates irrespective of their status (employed, bursary or external).
There are several organizations and people both within TGS and your faculty that can provide support during your PhD track, as well as online resources:
- Online resources to help you through your PhD track (incl. stress-related resources)
- What to do with problems affecting your PhD research and/or personal effectiveness
- A beginner's guide to Dutch Academia (a guide for foreign researchers who would like to work in the Netherlands)
- Building a House of Integrity @ UT: A visual guide to help you identify the right contact points which can provide information, support and help is available. It displays the various routes you can take depending on the issues you are struggling with.
- International Student Handbook (practical guide)
In case you need advice but are not sure where to go, or in case you have questions about the PhD or EngD Charter, please approach us at TGS” (via firstname.lastname@example.org).
During your PhD, there may be times when, for various reasons, you might feel anxious and all alone. To offset this possibility, a support network of colleagues and friends is essential. Building this network of friends may not be so easy at first, especially if you are new to the area. The best way to make new friends is to join activities and organisations (sports, leisure, culture, religion, etc.) that promote the things that you enjoy doing.
The PhD Network of the UT (P-NUT) is an association created and run by PhDs to Inform, Represent and Connect all PhD candidates at the UT.
In troublesome times, it may be good to share your concerns with nearby colleagues and staff from your department. But when you need an outsider to listen to your situation or the challenges you are facing, you can always contact TGS.