Are you interested in joining the Master’s programme in Nanotechnology upon completion of your Bachelor’s degree? In a number of cases you might be required to complete a pre-Master’s programme first.
What is a pre-Master's programme?
The pre-Master's programme is a transfer and bridging programme in which you will gain the knowledge and skills needed for successful participation in the Master’s. Once you’ve completed the pre-Master's programme, you’ll be granted admission to the Master’s programme in Nanotechnology in which the standard 15-credit internship is replaced with a number of courses to broaden your knowledge.
A pre-Master's programme contains 30 credits. This is a fulltime study programme of one semester with courses in mathematics (13 EC) and domain-related courses (17.5 EC).
- Calculus A + B + C
- Lineaire Algebra A
· Intro Solid State Physics
· Molecular spectroscopy
· Electricity & Magnetism
· Chem. and technology of anorganic materials
The pre-Master’s courses will be partly in Dutch and partly in English. The Master’s programme itself is taught entirely in English.
You can start the programme in September. After finishing the pre-Master's programme you can enter in September in the Master's programme.
Rules of the pre-Master’s
The pre-Master’s is designed not only to address any deficiencies in your prior knowledge, but it is also an efficient way to find out whether studying at a research university in the field of Nanotechnology is right for you. To this end, a couple of rules apply:
- We ask you to fulfil the requirements of the pre-Master’s within one year. Since 30 credits is equivalent to half a year of full-time study, this should not pose a problem.
- You must also earn sufficient marks with one re-sit per course. This means you need to take the pre-Master’s programme seriously.
- You cannot expect to be successful in the pre-Master’s programme if you approach it half-heartedly: it is meant as a half-year, full-time programme of study. That said, in practice almost all motivated students complete the programme in the allotted time.
If you will be eligible for admission to the pre-Master's programme in Nanotechnology depends on your previous education. More information on admission.
For general information requests please contact our Study Information Desk.