The English taught Master’s in Interaction Technology is a two-year programme worth 120 credits. You are welcome to enrol in this programme with a Bachelor’s in Creative Technology, Computer Science, Business Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Cognitive Science, Artificial Intelligence or another relevant qualification. Please be aware that additional conditions for admission may apply in some cases.
Find out more about:
- the courses in this programme
- why you should choose this programme and whether this programme is right for you
- the pre-master's
- the factsheet for this programme
Interaction Technology combines knowledge, technical expertise and skills from a range of disciplines with a view to creating intelligent interactive systems that automatically respond to a user’s emotions and social cues and make appropriate decisions on what action to take. You will master the design of complex, multi-modal interfaces and examine the human factors of media and their interfaces. Subjects include natural language processing, virtual agents, ambient entertainment, social robotics and artificial intelligence.
The application domains for interaction technology are numerous and growing all the time. Some examples:
- Communication technology for global activities
- Social robots
- Ubiquitous Computing
- Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) applications
- Internet of Things (IoT) solutions
- Healthcare solutions, telemedicine and e-mental health
- Design of persuasive health technology systems
- Mobility and autonomous systems (for example, self-driving cars)
- Interactive learning environments
- Cybercrime science
- Wearable Technology
Learn more on the courses of this Master's Interaction Technology at the University of Twente.