The Master’s in Industrial Engineering and Management is a two-year programme (120 credits), starting in September and February. It is taught entirely in English and leads to the title of Master of Science (MSc). The programme has close ties with Industrial Engineering & ICT research at the CTIT research institute and the Twente Graduate School.
You are welcome to enrol in the programme if you have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical subject.
Find out more about:
- the programme structure
- why you should choose this programme
- whether this programme is right for you
- the pre-master’s programme
- the factsheet for this programme
What is IEM all about?
IEM focuses on the development and management of company and inter-company processes. Rooted in a rich scientific tradition, IEM is shaped by the rapid developments in research, business and technology. You will learn about the latest scientific theories on analysis and optimization and how they can be applied in practice to support design and management decisions in commercial processes. You will gain a better understanding of how process development, process control and performance indicators interact.
IEM has three specializations:
- Production & Logistic Management (PLM)
- Financial Engineering & Management (FEM)
- Healthcare Technology & Management (HCTM)
You will choose one of these specializations before starting your studies.
Some courses are required, some are elective: for more information go to the study programme.
You can also take a look into more detailed course information. If the course information of the current academic year is not yet available. You can find the information by adjusting the 'year' into the previous academic year.
Each specialization has:
- two obligatory courses (10 credits).
- a range of specialization courses (80 credits).
- a thesis (30 credits), based on a research assignment at an external organization.
Elective courses and international opportunities
The large amount of electives provides you the flexibility to pursue your interests and focus on your personal goals. They also offer you the chance to study abroad.