During this four-morning intensive workshop, you will learn to:
- Identify the main data sources in your research project that can be used for qualitative data analysis
- Use Atlas.ti to import and prepare your data
- Apply a coding strategy
- Examine and visualise your data in a family of codes
- Setting up your research data in Atlas.ti
- Sources of data and ethics in transcription and computer-assisted qualitative data analysis
- Coding strategies
- How to code in Atlas.ti
- How to search and retrieve coded text
- How to create a family of codes/networks
Active participation, hands-on. You will work with your PhD/MSc research qualitative data (secondary or primary). You should bring the data you plan to analyse and the main research questions on the first day. You will work on your laptop (Atlas.ti should be pre-installed)
Participants are required to attend all course days. They will be required to bring the qualitative data they plan to analyse and the main research questions on the first day and prepare a 10-minute Powerpoint presentation for the last day. Preparation time: approximately 6 hours.
The next course will start in the second half of 2024. Check this website again at the end of June.