These are instructions for Xerox Multifunctional printers (MFP). To print more from your own computer to a MFP of the UT the printer must be installed. These instructions explain how to do that.
Before you start
- These instructions were written for Mac OS X 10.9 or higher. The steps for earlier editions of Mac OS X virtually identical, but the illustrations could differ slightly.
- This manual uses a consistent style of writing: references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics, information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
You will need the following:
- An established internet connection.
- An ICT-account. This is your UT email address with associated password.
- An activated employee- or student card. If you have not yet activated it on the MFP, do so first. How to do this is described in the manual ‘Register college-/employee card'.
Installation Follow-Me printer
STEP 1: DRIVERS
- Download the drivers from here (select your operating system from the list).
- Install the drivers following the wizard.
- When at step Select Printer click Continue.
- Click Continue in the top of the screen.
- Finish and close the wizard.
STEP 2: PRINT AND SCAN
- Open System Preferences.
- Click Printers & Scanners.
STEP 3: ADD PRINTER
- Click the + sign.
- Click Add Printer or Scanner…
STEP 4: TOOLBAR CUSTOMIZATION
- Right-click the toolbar.
- Click Customize Toolbar.
STEP 5: ADVANCED
- Grag Advanced to the toolbar.
- Click Done.
STEP 6: WINDOWS PRINTER
- Click Advanced.
- Next to Type select Windows printer via spoolss.
- Next to Device select Another device.
- Next to URL enter: smb://printservice.utwente.nl/Follow-Me
- Next to Name enter: Follow-Me.
- Next to Location enter: UT.
- Next to Use select Select Software.
- Select Xerox WorkCentre 7835.
STEP 7: ADD PRINTER
- Click Add.
STEP 8: FOLLOW-ME
- Click Otopns & Supplies.
STEP 9: FINISHER
- Click Options.
- Next to Finisher select Integrated Office Finisher.
- Click OK.
The printer has now been installed.
STEP 10: LOGGING IN
When printing for the first time on the Follow-Me printer, your credentials are required.
- Next to Name enter at first AD\ followed by your student number (e.g. AD\s0123456) or employee logon name (e.g. AD\GoghV).
- Next to Password enter the matching password.
- Check Remember this password in my keychain.
- Click OK.