Students can use the Multifunctional Printers (MFP) for students. These are recognizable from the post with chip card reader that is positioned next to the MFP. You can print from the study spaces in the PC rooms and from your own notebook. Third parties cannot use the MFPs on the campus. Students can use the following functions:
- printing from USB stick, own notebook or study space;
- scanning to the P disk;
- scanning to the email.
You have to register in order to be able to use the MFPs; see the manuals at the bottom of the page in relation to registration.
Students can be given employee rights for the use of MFPs. This means that the faculty is responsible for the costs that you incur. You are then not restricted to the employee MFPs and you can also use your faculty's MFPs. You can submit a request for this to the person responsible for this (tutor or manager). This person can, by requesting the ict contact person (of the own organization), organize print rights for you. These print rights are valid for one year. After a year the rights can be requested again.
At the UT, students will get 125 printing units to use at the MFP. This budget is for the entire study period. However it is possible to increase the print quota through the following website https://printquota.utwente.nl. (Accessible via UTnetwork or with VPN).
Cost printing/copy (printing units)
Scannen is free of charge
You need the following to use a student MFP:
- UT ICT account;
- RFID card, e.g. activated staff card or college card if you have not yet activated it on the MFP, do so first. How to do this is described in 'Register college- / staff card'
- Computer with a working Internet connection.
To be able to use a student MFP, you need an activated RFID card. When you log in using these through the RFID reader, the MFP picks up your instructions. Information about how the card can be activated, or how you have to log in using your card, can be found in the manuals. Several cards cannot be activated. If a card is lost, a different card can be activated instead of the lost card. To do so, follow the same procedure as the procedure when the first RFID card was activated. After registration of the card, you can print from anywhere in the university.
You can use the printers as soon as you have registered your RFID card. You can also use your employee rights as soon as these have been assigned to you.
All MFPs are managed by Xerox. When error messages or faults are raised, these are automatically reported. This can vary from error messages to the replacement of cartridges. The fault will then be rectified as soon as possible.
For further support, use the Self Service portal and the manuals. Should you have any other questions or should a fault occur, please contact the Service desk ICT.
More information about Xerox:
Carré (hal B)
Telefoonnummer: (053) 489 24 85
Telefoonnummer (053) 487 43 87
Telefoonnummer (053) 489 4215
Where can I find the MFP for students?
Was this information useful?Thank you for your feedback
- Bastille - Ground floor (project area)
- Carre - Next to room C4625
- Carre - Next to room C4021
- Carre - Next to room C4282
- Citadel - Main entrence (next to the coffee machine)
- Cubicus - Next to room B205
- Cubicus - Next to room B300VI
- The Gallery - DesignLab
- ITC-hotel (only for guest of the hotel) - Ground floor in the hall
- Horst complex / Oosthorst - Next to room OH105
- Horst complex - Next to room C107
- Horst complex / Noordhorst - Next to room NH202e (next to the coffee machine)
- Horst complex / Horst tower - Next to room T800VA
- Ravelijn - Studielandschap 1st floor
- Spiegel - Opposite room 102A (near the stairway)
- Technohal - PTR 063 ground floor next to the open study places and on the second floor next to TL2107.
- Vrijhof - Second floor (above Service Desk)
- Vrijhof - Library
- Vrijhof - Library
- Zilverling - Next to room A126
- Zilverling - Room A220
What is my print quota for the duration of my education?
125 printer units. More information about costs and quota: click here.Was this information useful?Thank you for your feedback
Can I increase my print quota?
Yes through the following website: https://printquota.utwente.nlWas this information useful?Thank you for your feedback
Where can I check to see how much print budget I have left?
You can log into the website https://printquota.utwente.nl using your domain account to consult your print budget.Was this information useful?Thank you for your feedback
The printer displays the error message “deleted due to insufficient quota,....”
This error is displayed when your quota is insufficient to print the file in question.Was this information useful?Thank you for your feedback
What to do with printer problems?
For printer problems about payment and/or quota please contact: Xerox Service Desk:
firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone number: 0346-255255 For technical or print problems please contact the Service Desk ICT.Was this information useful?Thank you for your feedback
Will my quota be charged when a file is not properly printed?
No.Was this information useful?Thank you for your feedback