For employees and students
MS Teams is a Content Collaboration Platform (CCP) for storing and sharing mainly MS Office documents (project data or organisational data) and for collaboration. The data is stored in MS Azure. The service can easily be used by both internal and external users.
- Uses cloud storage (MS Azure). UT tenant is used. This ensures complete control of the location where data is stored. A processing agreement has been entered into with Microsoft, rendering the environment GDPR proof;
- Offers options for online joint editing. Supports all major file formats of documents, spreadsheets and presentations. The environment is accessible via the Web, clients and mobile devices;
- Does not include antivirus defences, ransomware protection or backup options;
- 1TB data area;
- Files can be recovered (recycle bin) and previous versions can be restored;
- Can be used offline;
- Suitable as a tool for collaborating with external parties (non-UT);
- eduVPN is not required.
MS Teams can be accessed through:
A Team site can be created using MS Teams. You must be registered as a UT employee to be able to do so.
Please, refer to the manuals for support or contact the Service Desk ICT for more information or other questions.