- Canteens and Catering on campusAppél: general information and contact/feedbackCanteen overview for all buildingsCatering on site by Appèl | Banqueting folder)Sports centre bar/canteenStudent restaurant (Mensa) in Waaier buildingTheatercafé Vrijhof | A la carte restaurant
- Department coffee cardDepartment passes The Maas coffee machines offer a free variant for employees, operated via the employees card. In principle, all UT employees should be able to obtain coffee this way. New employee cards should be activated for the coffee machines not later than two weeks after receiving the new card (update new cardnumbers weekly on Monday). A department pass will be assessed by the director of operations or the director of the service department. The following departments may apply for passes: Department/service department secretary's offices Faculty Offices/Staff Service Desks Report lost pass In the case of a fault and/or loss, this should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. The pass will then be blocked. Request from Name of department/research group This department belongs to the following faculty/service department: Name of contact person (the pass will be issued in the name of this person) Email How many passes would you like to request?
- Hotels in the Enschede areaThe UT has agreements with some hotels in the ENschede area. U Park hotel on campus The U Parkhotel is located on the campus of the University of Twente, in the middle of the forest. It is an internationally oriented hotel, where quality and sustainability go hand in hand. The U in the international name refers to the guest who is central and to the University of Twente. The hotel offers 72 rooms, a spacious restaurant with a terrace, a bar and modern conference facilities . The U Parkhotel has its own website for bookings and information: www.uparkhotel.nl De Veldmaat 8 7522 NM Enschede Tel: (053) 433 13 66 Email: email@example.com Hampshire hotels: Hampshire city hotel 4* - Hengelo A four star Hotel in the center of Hengelo, near the train station. The Hotel has 100 rooms with climate control, four meeting rooms, extensive business facilities, wireless internet, restaurant and bar. B.P. Hofstedestraat 50 7551 DG Hengelo T: +31 (0)74 85 16 800 F: + 31(0)74 85 16 810 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Overnight stay (hotels, camp, cabins, etc)On and near the campus of the University of Twente are several possibilities to spend the night. On campus you can find seven cabins to accommodate. During some events it is possible to camp on the campus (with permission). For your overnight stay you can also book a room at the U Parkhotel. Read more about the different opportunities for an overnight stay on campus.
- Starbucks storeThe Starbucks store is located in the Educafe in the Zilverling building at the O&O square and is also open to visitors from outside the campus. Regular hours Monday - Friday 9.00 - 17.00 Adjusted opening hours Limited or additional opening hours may apply: Limited hours/closed in holiday periods (especially summer holidays and the week after Christmas). Limited hours/closed due to Covid restrictions that apply to either the university or restaurants/bars. Click and collect not possible. Usually additional opening hours/days during large campus events like Open Days. See the posts on Instagram for updates by the Starbucks team. Payment Debit cards (pin) only. No cash, no credit card. Starbucks is not an official supplier of the UT, therefore employees cannot order with internal payment numbers. Social Media Starbucks is also on Instagram: @starbucks_enschede Photo impression
- Subway sandwich chainSubway is located on the first floor in the Bastille building. For details on opening hours and specials see the Subway website.
- U Parkhotel on campus: hotel, meetings, lunch & dinnerU Parkhotel (UPark) offers hotel and meeting facilities, but also a wide range of lunch and dinner options on campus. See www.uparkhotel.nl for all possibilities.
- Vending machinesMaas takes care of everything regarding the maintenance of the machines. The operators will ensure the cleaning and refilling of the machines. They will be at UT every day and will be on site within one hour in case of defects. different Types of machines There are two different types of machines for coffee at UT. Fresh bean coffee for employees and an instant variety for students. Coffee strength, sugar and milk can be adjusted to your own liking for both coffee types. Tea is also available in this new set-up. With the different types of coffee available in the vending machines, as well as the coffee available at the cafeterias and the coffee corners. Employees and students have ample choice. The Facility Department thus hopes to accommodate everyone's taste and budget. Report Technical problems Should a machine have a technical problem for any reason, please report this to your building's Service Desk. When reporting a technical problem, the machine’s number (which has been printed above the card reader) and
- Wooden cabins for rentThe wooden cabins (blokhutten) located near the tennis courts can be rented. Please contact the Sports Centre for details.